Aion's Dj setup

Thread: Aion's Dj setup

Tech Convert

Default Aion's Dj setup

Long ago i played vinyl and cd's. 1210 technics, double denon cddj and a pioneer 600 mixer was the big hype.
    I loved it but....
    Now it is a completly different ball game. Midi controllers of all kinds, computers and fastpaced mashups.
    It has made Djing a challenge again and expanded the meaning of what it is to be a DJ.
    I can be more creative, inspired and in touch with the crowd, you can make your own style of DJ.
    You got to love it!

I got the novation twitch, mainly because it can be customized and is usable in most music production and dj software. But i got bored with only 2 channels, so i started looking for multi use equipment...and decided on the Sl.Mk novation 2. It had a lot of buttons and it had midi ports (I used a korg electron, and roland 303 in the old days, thougth i may be needed it)
    With these to i can use a 4 decks, and have complete FX controll in traktor.
    20120812_183027.jpg20120814_142407.jpg20120815_173540.jpg20120815_173550.jpg20120815_173609.jpg

Nice setup man. By the way that cat looks like one bad ass mofo.

nice set up man, how do you find the twitch/not having jogwheels after using vinyl and cds for awhile?
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Cool cat, setup is nice too
    Latest Production: https://soundcloud.com/pjetrovmusic/techhouse-project-1
    - F1 - F1 - CME UF6 - Maschine Mikro -

I like how everything is labeled with the ABC, 123 stickers. Id be lost without labels sometimes lol

Tech Convert

Thx. My cat Ramses is a real athlete, has been in a couple of figths and has some nasty claws. he talks a lot and is to curious for his own good.

Tech Convert

The twitch is great but the touchstrips aren't realy that usefull. I do miss the ability to scratch and have that tacktile feel for cuepoints. I feel there is a distance now from the records i'm playing. This is both good and bad i think. More overview but a more distanced relationship with the tracks that i play. I still think that jogwheels are a must when playing live hiphop, and could be very fun with dubstep...
    I do believe Jogwheels will return inn controllerism when the software opens up for it. there are tools for it out there, but its being overshadowed by better setups.

Tech Convert

The kids stores have great lables, cool colours and every sticker type you could imagine. Got to have them, lost without them
    ABC is for the decks and 123 is for the FX. The only thing i need now is some new knobs and caps. The knobs are not that good.