Using CDJs for the first time ever

Default Using CDJs for the first time ever

I'm making the jump from vinyl to CDJ for the first time next week. I've never even played on a pair and bought some 900's sight-unseen. They arrive next Tuesday

Anyhow, I figure there's plenty of tutorials on YouTube and that it can't be too much different than. That said, I figured I'd spark some convo about what to look out for, what to look forward to, "I wish somebody would have told me's," "don't make the same mistake I did," etc.

I've got a record bin, er WAV bin, of about 50 tracks I've accumulated in BeatPort that I I'll mess around with first. I suppose I need to get a USB key as well.

Edit: meant to post this in the CDJ & Vinyl forum.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Ever View Post
    I'm making the jump from vinyl to CDJ for the first time next week. I've never even played on a pair and bought some 900's sight-unseen. They arrive next Tuesday

Anyhow, I figure there's plenty of tutorials on YouTube and that it can't be too much different than. That said, I figured I'd spark some convo about what to look out for, what to look forward to, "I wish somebody would have told me's," "don't make the same mistake I did," etc.

I've got a record bin, er WAV bin, of about 50 tracks I've accumulated in BeatPort that I I'll mess around with first. I suppose I need to get a USB key as well.
    Download rekordbox... it'll make life handy

Download and run your stuff though Rekordbox

While it's analyzing, stare at the faceplate (or a picture of one, if you're a go-getter).

Congratz, you're good on 95% of the players.

After it's done analyzing, set cue points wherever you want in Rekordbox, and hit memory to save them. Select all -> export to thumb drive.

You're pretty much done.