MIDI Fighter Users: How do you use your MIDI Fighters?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MIDI Fighter Users: How do you use your MIDI Fighters?

So I am thinking of getting a MIDI Fighter (or two). I have a Kontrol F1 for remix decks and was going to consider either another F1 or a MF3D for remix decks....possibly a MF Classic for FX. My main controller is an X1 with the F1 for remix decks. I may get an all-in-one and add a MF to the setup for some versatility, but then again, maybe not. My mixer is DN-X1700, so I don't NEED an all-in-one, just want one for easy portability and I figure a MIDI Fighter would complement either setup nicely...or I could forgo the all-in-one and get a couple of MIDI Fighters (I have limited budget...)

So, my question is, all you MIDI Fighter users, how do you use them? What is your setup? how many/what kind do you have? and what do you recommend?
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Tech Mentor

i personally use to use my MFC for fx in traktor but then got a vci100 and use fader fx so now use my MF for ableton with mad zachs drum rack sound packs

If I get a MF, it will do one of two things: 1) get a MF3D to control remix deck to "play" it like MPC-style to trigger one-shots etc. and keep my F1 for loops etc or 2) get a MFC to control FX (e.g., instant grat) and/or play hotcues (e.g., deckalize)...
    not sure which way I'll go....

I've never tried using my MF3D for remix decks, but it is a great controller to use effects very expressively. I use it for effects and I sometimes use it in ableton with the sound packs!

My MF classic is used for beat jumps and tempo bending mainly.

I found that I liked to have beat jumps on arcade buttons better than on rotary encoders..
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Happyboymitch View Post
    ... and I sometimes use it in ableton with the sound packs!
    I am thinking of this kind of thing inside of Traktor with a remix deck (16 buttons = 16 pads for sounds)...kinda like playing it as an MPC/drum machine. My F1 can handle the other remix deck for more basic loops and layering of stems etc.

But I also wondered about a MFC for just playing FX (instant grat)...

Tech Mentor

MFC mapped for instant gratification. I was using it for transport and cue control before I got my vci, but now I just use it for instant effects. At this point, it may as just have two buttons labled "reverb" and "delay" lol
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I made MF with twelve buttons just for Grats and mapped unit selector on my keyboard since leak of four arcade buttons. But now I use it a little different... There is one shift button that disable all current commands and turn other eleven buttons in to active mode selectors for transport, ploop and instant effects.

night light.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    night light.
    nice...expensive night light though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast