Making music without a computer,need help with equipment.
    Tech Student

Default Making music without a computer,need help with equipment.

Not sure that this is the right forum for questions such as this but it is music production so here we go.

Hello.

Me and two of my friend has a band that plays regular music(altho often times weird). But for a few months now we have been thinking of adding some electronic sounds. But we are completly green when it comes to electronic music creation.
    We dont really know what we need but we kind of know what we want, if that makes any sense.
    The equipment needs to fully work without a computer and preferebly be somewhat portable.

What we think we want is : A decent drummaschine, this the most important one for us. All of us really like the intense beats and heavy drum sounds of band like f_noise, DHC meinhof,ATR . So our aim is to try and get close to that, drum wise.

Besides that, something that can create intresting sounds. I found korg monotribe and something along those lines seems like it would fit, any other tips are much appreciated.
    We would also like something that can record short loops from the drum n synth and play it back.

Our budget is around 1200k euro, roughly 1500 dollars

Any tips and help are greatly appreciated thanks

Tech Mentor

korg electribe might be useful
    http://www.korg.com/ESX1

Electribes are fun but I think their palette is limited. With a budget like that I'd recommend a machinedrum. I got mine used for 650, leaving you change for a decent synth too. My vote would be for a used machinedrum, used dsi mopho, and a kaoss pad or guitar fx pedals. Fun fucking hardware combo