How to use headphones with traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default How to use headphones with traktor?

I'm trying to cue with my headphones, however whenever I press/hold cue the audio is still going through my speakers.

My audio set up is:

ASIO4ALL v2

and output routing is:

Internal

Output Monitor:
    L - not connected
    R - not connected

Output Master:
    L - 1: HD Audio output 1
    R - 2: HD Audio output 2

Output Record:
    L - Not connected
    R - Not connected

Input routing:
    Input Deck A:

L(Mono) 1: Hd Audio Front mic input 1
    R 2: HD audio front mic input 2

and the rest is not connected

Output Monitor:
    L - not connected
    R - not connected
    You need a soundcard to hear two tracks buddy. The NI Audio 2 is a great soundcard and reasonably priced.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    You need a soundcard to hear two tracks buddy. The NI Audio 2 is a great soundcard and reasonably priced.
    A soundcard connected to what? My controller?

If so, doesn't the denon mc3000 come with a built in soundcard?

You neen to set up traktor to use your MC3000 as a soundcard. Have you installed the Denon ASIO driver? if not, download it from the denon website, then in traktor change the ASIO4ALL to DENON ASIO, then set monitor output to 3/4, and main output to 1/2.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

There's always the old stereo splitter trick too.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    You neen to set up traktor to use your MC3000 as a soundcard. Have you installed the Denon ASIO driver? if not, download it from the denon website, then in traktor change the ASIO4ALL to DENON ASIO, then set monitor output to 3/4, and main output to 1/2.
    When I set it to the DENON ASIO, no sound is coming from my speakers nor my headphones when using the cue button. I've installed the ASIO driver.

I'm using a one outlet speaker, the ones used for desktops etc, not amps or actual speakers. Could this be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by DemiAlex View Post
    When I set it to the DENON ASIO, no sound is coming from my speakers nor my headphones when using the cue button. I've installed the ASIO driver.

I'm using a one outlet speaker, the ones used for desktops etc, not amps or actual speakers. Could this be the problem?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "one outlet" but make sure the speaker is plugged into your controller, not the headphone (or speaker) output on your computer. When you plug in a soundcard or a controller with a soundcard, THAT soundcard becomes the default (or you need to set it as the default manually), and it disables your computers internal soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by Culture_Shock View Post
    There's always the old stereo splitter trick too.

Does this really work? I mean, I know the splitter would be able to connect the headphones and the sound output, but you're still restricted to one output, no?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Altercation View Post
    Does this really work? I mean, I know the splitter would be able to connect the headphones and the sound output, but you're still restricted to one output, no?
    Or two mono outputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Or two mono outputs.
    For the money, you might as well just break down and get the soundcard. It's a 30 dollar purchase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast