external HD and serato

Default external HD and serato

is it possible to delete all music off of my computer HD and just plug in my external HD and just load music into sertato straight from that HD with out saving it on to the computer?

Yes:
    Main Setup: Technics 1210, Rane Sixty Eight, Novation Dicers - Backup: Pioneer CDJ1000Mk3, Pioneer DJM400, Denon HC1000S
    Soundcard, Software, Midi & CPU: Rane SL4 & SL1, SSL, Ableton Live 8, Bridge, Mix Emergency. AKAI APC20 & MPD24, Touch OSC. Macbook Pro 15" Leopard, Macbook Pro 17" Lion, Dell 17" XP, Dell 17" Win7

Great post thanks for the info.. Will this also work for serato itch?

Yes, Serato Itch (and DJ intro) use the same "_Serato_" folder...
    Main Setup: Technics 1210, Rane Sixty Eight, Novation Dicers - Backup: Pioneer CDJ1000Mk3, Pioneer DJM400, Denon HC1000S
    Soundcard, Software, Midi & CPU: Rane SL4 & SL1, SSL, Ableton Live 8, Bridge, Mix Emergency. AKAI APC20 & MPD24, Touch OSC. Macbook Pro 15" Leopard, Macbook Pro 17" Lion, Dell 17" XP, Dell 17" Win7

Great man thanks for the quick response

You´re welcome, not to hijack the TT forum or anything,
    but you are more likely to get a quick response over at the serato forums...
    http://serato.com/forum

everytime i drag my external HD on to relocate lost files it says i have no missing files in my library and will not load a song, any thoughts?

- Does the track appear pink in the list? (=missing)
    - Does the track have have the broken disc icon? (=corrupt track, delete it from itch..)