Controller Sound Doubt

Default Controller Sound Doubt

Hi!

I just bought a Numark Mixtrack PRO White Edition a few days ago, and I'll receive it in about 2 weeks
    I never used a controller, I allways played on the disco I was resident, before I moved to another country, using vinyls, only vinyls, but on this country is impossible to get vinyls, at least, minimal, tech-minimal or deep house vinyls, so I decided to get a controller to use it with my mixers as it was a double CD player (I have an Allen & Heath Xone 92, DJM800 and Ecler Mac 90, but I use mainly the Xone 92 with external effects (Kaoss Padd KP2))

My doubt is: will the sound be worst than a vinyl?, and how worst will it be?
    Thank you!!
    (2) Kontrol F1 - Kontrol S2 - (2) Technichs SL1210 mk2 - Maschine Mikro MK2 - Akai APC 20 - Midi Fighter Spectra - RMX 1000 - (2) Rokkit 6 - Gemini DJX05 - Kontrol Z2 - (2) Kontrol X1 MK2

The sound of a controller depends on the soundcard built in. The real problem with quality will be ensuring you get high quality files. Play songs only in a Lossless format and you should be fine.

Also, instead of going controller you could have gone with an audio interface that would have allowed you to continue using your setup with a computer providing your songs. I'm not too far into this area, so someone else would be a better source of info on this, but I know it can be done as a lot of the users on this site have this kind of set up.

Thank you!
    Well, my idea is use the controller on the PC using traktor 2, so I'll need to get some decent high quality tracks o.O
    (2) Kontrol F1 - Kontrol S2 - (2) Technichs SL1210 mk2 - Maschine Mikro MK2 - Akai APC 20 - Midi Fighter Spectra - RMX 1000 - (2) Rokkit 6 - Gemini DJX05 - Kontrol Z2 - (2) Kontrol X1 MK2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rawwwr View Post
    Thank you!
    Well, my idea is use the controller on the PC using traktor 2, so I'll need to get some decent high quality tracks o.O
    FLAC, WAV, or 320 MP3's are generally the only file types you should use.

aw ty *w*
    I use to use 320 kbps MP3 trakcs, and my full music library on my pc, is using that format, so I have all the work done
    Hopefully, I bought a new laptop only for music, so I'll just copy all the tracks I have on my pcs to it, so I'll be able to use around 400gb of tracks *w*