Which USB stick and what size? (CDJ)

Default Which USB stick and what size? (CDJ)

My 900s arrive today. I have a few old USB sticks lying around, but I figure I should get a decent 3.0 for some faster speeds.

That said, I'm also not sure what size to buy. I'll mainly be bedroom DJ'ing, so I'm not sure that I need to spend a bunch on something too large. How much do I need? I also feel like I read that the Pioneer CDJ's only "officially" support up to 32gig.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Ever; 10-02-2012 at 02:05 PM.

You get really good deals in 8Gb and sometimes good deals on 16Gb. Go to nearest Office Max, they tend to have one known brand on sale every month. It's really convenience but it's also good to spread out music across multiple sticks in case one suddenly has problems.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Wizard

Staples just had a sale on 8gb flash drives for $5 a drive. I picked up 6 of them . I'd recommend just looking online for the best deal you can find near you. You don't really need a USB 3.0 drive, as I don't think the CDJs even support them. Are you planning on just putting all your music on the drives and then playing whatever you feel like off of them, or are you going to be using Rekordbox?
    Also, you could just put only what you need on a smaller drive. I only put around 100 songs on a drive, along with drops and acapellas. I use Rekordbox to manage the music and swap it out regularly with new material. If you do that, a 4gb is usually sufficient, but I like the 8gb just in case.

I'll likely be using Rekordbox. That sounds like a good system to use.