Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 101
  1. #11
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    137

    Default

    I think its amazing... can't wait to see the software..

  2. #12
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Too bad it will likely be ridiculously overpriced. I'm guessing $1,399 street price.
    For a full featured 4 channel analogue mixer, a soundcard, the ability to mix video. serato tax and essentially a couple of CDJs thats not really overpriced.

    With all these decent controllers coming with standalone mixer ability these days I wish you could "undock" the platters and use the mixer on its own if you wanted to.

  3. #13
    Tech Guru synthet1c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Too bad it will likely be ridiculously overpriced. I'm guessing $1,399 street price.
    I'm thinking you will be unpleasantly surprised...

    My guess is around $1600 street $2000 RRP
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    For a full featured 4 channel analogue mixer, a soundcard, the ability to mix video. serato tax and essentially a couple of CDJs thats not really overpriced.

    With all these decent controllers coming with standalone mixer ability these days I wish you could "undock" the platters and use the mixer on its own if you wanted to.
    Yeah this looks like a high end piece of gear, you're definitely getting a lot for your money if it turns out to be $1400.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

  5. #15
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, USA
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Finally Pioneer makes a controller that looks worth the money. This is the first controller of theirs that I've genuinely been blown away by.

    Maybe over time they'll incorporate a "Scratch" license and ditch SSL.
    Last edited by ToOntown; 10-02-2012 at 08:30 PM.

  6. #16
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    149
    DJ Setup: MacBook Pro, TSP 2.5, (2) Stanton STR8-100, Ecler NUO4, Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, Stanton DJ Pro 2000 headphones, Ortofon Nightclub needles.

  7. #17

    Default

    This thing looks like THE ultimate controller. It has everything you could ever want.

  8. #18
    Tech Guru deevey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D
    Posts
    2,662

    Default

    Damn that controller looks absolutely amazing except ....

    Standalone MP3 playback would have been THE dealbreaker for me.

    A Standalone version of each deck would be killer, and be brilliant for installs.

    Its a bit of a weird niche, not really club material due to it being all-in-one, not really bedroom DJ material due to price / size .. perhaps mobile dj material, but pricy compared to other controllers ?

  9. #19
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, USA
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Damn that controller looks absolutely amazing except ....

    Standalone MP3 playback would have been THE dealbreaker for me.

    A Standalone version of each deck would be killer, and be brilliant for installs.

    Its a bit of a weird niche, not really club material due to it being all-in-one, not really bedroom DJ material due to price / size .. perhaps mobile dj material, but pricy compared to other controllers ?
    I keep going back and forth on whether USB input for MP3 would be a good choice. I think it would have been, especially with the release of the Aero and Rekordbox mobile.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Damn that controller looks absolutely amazing except ....

    Standalone MP3 playback would have been THE dealbreaker for me.

    A Standalone version of each deck would be killer, and be brilliant for installs.

    Its a bit of a weird niche, not really club material due to it being all-in-one, not really bedroom DJ material due to price / size .. perhaps mobile dj material, but pricy compared to other controllers ?
    Realistically, with the no hassle, plug and play nature of Serato + MIDI mapping + this fucking tank, this looks to be the closest thing to an "install controller" we've seen so far. Laptop DJs roll up to the club and patch into club equipment, with user modifications, and that seems to be the method of operation for this kind of system

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •