Pioneer DDJ - SX, first "serato dj" controller - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

I think its amazing... can't wait to see the software..

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Too bad it will likely be ridiculously overpriced. I'm guessing $1,399 street price.
    For a full featured 4 channel analogue mixer, a soundcard, the ability to mix video. serato tax and essentially a couple of CDJs thats not really overpriced.

With all these decent controllers coming with standalone mixer ability these days I wish you could "undock" the platters and use the mixer on its own if you wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Too bad it will likely be ridiculously overpriced. I'm guessing $1,399 street price.
    I'm thinking you will be unpleasantly surprised...

My guess is around $1600 street $2000 RRP
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    For a full featured 4 channel analogue mixer, a soundcard, the ability to mix video. serato tax and essentially a couple of CDJs thats not really overpriced.

With all these decent controllers coming with standalone mixer ability these days I wish you could "undock" the platters and use the mixer on its own if you wanted to.
    Yeah this looks like a high end piece of gear, you're definitely getting a lot for your money if it turns out to be $1400.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Tech Guru

Finally Pioneer makes a controller that looks worth the money. This is the first controller of theirs that I've genuinely been blown away by.

Maybe over time they'll incorporate a "Scratch" license and ditch SSL.
    Last edited by ToOntown; 10-02-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Tech Mentor
    DJ Setup: MacBook Pro, TSP 2.5, (2) Stanton STR8-100, Ecler NUO4, Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, Stanton DJ Pro 2000 headphones, Ortofon Nightclub needles.

This thing looks like THE ultimate controller. It has everything you could ever want.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Damn that controller looks absolutely amazing except ....

Standalone MP3 playback would have been THE dealbreaker for me.

A Standalone version of each deck would be killer, and be brilliant for installs.

Its a bit of a weird niche, not really club material due to it being all-in-one, not really bedroom DJ material due to price / size .. perhaps mobile dj material, but pricy compared to other controllers ?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post

A Standalone version of each deck would be killer, and be brilliant for installs.

Its a bit of a weird niche, not really club material due to it being all-in-one, not really bedroom DJ material due to price / size .. perhaps mobile dj material, but pricy compared to other controllers ?
    I keep going back and forth on whether USB input for MP3 would be a good choice. I think it would have been, especially with the release of the Aero and Rekordbox mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post

Realistically, with the no hassle, plug and play nature of Serato + MIDI mapping + this fucking tank, this looks to be the closest thing to an "install controller" we've seen so far. Laptop DJs roll up to the club and patch into club equipment, with user modifications, and that seems to be the method of operation for this kind of system

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast