DJM-2000 midi mapping help.
    Tech Convert

Default DJM-2000 midi mapping help.

So I had a djm 800 and had the option of either upgrading to a nexus 900 or a djm2000. I got the 2000 for an incredible deal... only $100 more than a nexus 900 would have been! Now i have been searching all over the internet for anyone who might be using the 2000 as a midi controller to handle all of the transport functions in traktor. I basically wanna be able to bring just my laptop and djm2000 to small gigs and run everything off of that. Are there any djm2000 owners out there that are doing this? an even better question... are there any mappers out there that would be interested in helping me try and figure out a good mapping that is intuitive and functional?
    pretty please!

thanks
    DJ Ceasare
    chez@MoreThanADJ.me
    facebook.com/djceasare * facebook.com/iamceasare * soundcloud.com/iamceasare

Pioneer DDJ-T1, Macbook unibody 13", Midi Fighter3d, Traktor Pro 2.

Not the best idea, you need 90% of the functions for mixing,

Just use the djm's soundcard and get an x1 or something for cueing and track selection.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Convert

i dont want to map all the buttons and nobs. i just want to map the touch screen midi section.
    DJ Ceasare
    chez@MoreThanADJ.me

Im assuming you hook it upto traktor, hit learn on the mapping section IN traktor, touch the screen and the XY are your different CCs

What would you want to map that for anyway?
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Im not sure if I understand your problem, but the MIDI section of the screen has a ton of controls, and the soundcard is more than enough for 8-outs in Traktor. Just look at the manual at the different screens, and plan your mapping accordingly. From there, it's just a matter of using MIDI learn to create a mapping.

You're honestly not going to find too much help here, seeing as the overwhelming majority of the internet doesnt seem to even understand how the DJM-2000's screen works.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    You're honestly not going to find too much help here, seeing as the overwhelming majority of the internet doesnt seem to even understand how the DJM-2000's screen works.
    True dat.

@djceasare: What you're trying to do is perfectly possible. However it would be the best idea to go the extra mile and mapping it yourself. This way you better get to know how the controls work.
    If you're looking for a finished mapping you may have better luck in the Pioneer DJ forums.
    If you got something cool I'd be interested as well.
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I saw this on youtube. There's download in description.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Wish there was a like button lol

@HedgeHog: I have been trying a few different ways of mapping it but I cant seem to find a good workflow.

@Stewe: LOL I just found that video right before i signed back into djtechtools. its a pretty good one... maybe i can use it as a base.
    DJ Ceasare
    chez@MoreThanADJ.me