what is the deal with the derailing backspin? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoopCat View Post
    haha you forgot this classic rewind - Boiler Room again 4:55

Real good set though
    ninja tune was one of the first labels i really got into. on a side note i must have the opening track of this set but it seems to be untitled from bonobo. ugggh. does anyone know if it was ever released?
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Guru

^ Aww man how nice is that track -

I think I read somewhere its fourth coming on ninja tune. Ive been keeping my eyes and ears peeled.

^ Aww man how nice is that track -

I think I read somewhere its fourth coming on ninja tune. Ive been keeping my eyes and ears peeled.
    i haven't made it through the whole set but that isn't the opening track unless it's a remix or something. this is the one and i hope it does get released soon. if you hear any news keep me posted if you remember cause i'll probably forget.

tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

Tech Guru

Ah yeah your right. Both of them are unreleased and probably my favourites of that mix. No worries, I'll post in hear if I see anything.
    Last edited by LoopCat; 01-09-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Ah yeah your right. Both of them are unreleased and probably my favourites of that mix. No worries, I'll post in here if I see anything.
    sweet! you are a true internet gentleman!

back on topic: i also find it jarring when it's just a sloppy rewind. if it was smooth i would get it because it would be more like an effect, but that bonobo one was odd sounding. i wonder if he okayed that with him before he did it because i would be mad if someone else did that to me when i was playing.

i can see others points about using it as a mix out to drop another track, but for the sake of just rewinding it just sounds weird to me.
    thread of free music

Rewinds at jungle raves in vinyl days with hype and stevie hyper d

Loved that shit
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Rewinds / Pull-Ups originate in the dancehall culture, and then found their way into music scenes that where largely influenced by that culture, especially D'n'B (influenced first through ragga jungle) and, later, 2 Step.

It's typically not the DJ who decides to rewind a track, but a reaction to the crowd, who demands a rewind by e.g. putting their lighters in the air or at least reacting frenetically to a new track.

It's typically the reaction to a great or rare track, often a dubplat or special version.

Of course you can do it with any kind of music (house tracks with 1 minute "mix-in" intro's aside.. ), but I'd be careful if I was playing to a crowd that wasn't familar with the phenomenon, as they might think "what the feck is that DJ doing" when you stop the hit you just started, or just assume you pushed stop on the wrong player

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with a rewind, boys.

Carry on.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Absolutely NOTHING wrong with a rewind, boys.

Carry on.
    This. Reloads are mandatory whenever a big tune drops, especially if it's a dubplate.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    I like to pull that trick with any of my Rhianna tracks and then drop some wicked Chris Brown. Sometimes I am smoking of the pipe

& for the sig

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast