CDJ 850 - DJM 700 - Traktor 2.0 Setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ahhhh so it's not an issue with Pioneer it's an issue with the actual 850 model.

It's crap that they would give HID support to 2000's 900's and 400's and not the 850's.

Massive shame, would make my job an absolute dream. DJ'ing with a Traktor X1 and not the CDJ's takes something away from the experience for me. I know there are workarounds I could use (loading tracks on USB etc). But i can't be bothered messing around having to limit what I play because of what the capacity of a USB stick is.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

According to a post on the NI forum, there may be a light at the end of the tunnel...
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    According to a post on the NI forum, there may be a light at the end of the tunnel...
    I wait with baited breath.

Would bring something back to my DJ'ing experience.
    http://soundcloud.com/squirec Mixes mainly containing funky/disco/chicago/swing house. Although, there's always room for a little something different.
    Equipment: 15" Macbook Pro (Mid 2012), Traktor Pro 2, Traktor Kontrol X1, Pioneer CDJ 1000 Mk2 x 2, Pioneer DJM 700, Sennheiser HD25 Mk2 headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Yeh 850s only work as midi controllers in traktor, not HID. They still work, just not as well as they do in SSL.
    I've never used HID but I'm curious about it. What are the key differences? I assume an HID enabled device also receives information and has more seamless integration with the software?

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    I've never used HID but I'm curious about it. What are the key differences? I assume an HID enabled device also receives information and has more seamless integration with the software?
    Basically. Using a CDJ-850 with serato is exactly like using it as a standalone but you're controlling the software rather than on board media. I found midi to be unresponsive and highly lacking in comparison. Every single feature of the CDJ is perfectly recreated and there's no noticeable latency.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123