FlunkyTurtle's Setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FlunkyTurtle's Setup

Hi Guys!

So i'm completly new to any kind of Djing aside from wacking a playlist through my iphone however its something i've always wanted to look into so i thought i would give it a try.

As with everything i do its either all or nothing.

I've gone with with a relatively simple setup listed below.

Macbook Air 13" 2012 spec (already owned)
    Traktor pro 2 full license
    Pioneer DDJ-Wego - White (not that it makes a different apart from asthetically)
    Dr Dre Studio Beats - Got them cheap and they look good, cant comment on sound quality yet though.

As i didnt fancy practicing in a corner on a cramped desk and having just moved into a bigger flat i decided to take a leaf out of the "ikea Booth" book and built a slightly altered one.

Let me know your thoughts!!

I also need some recommendations on some starter speakers to go with this setup

Tech Wizard

Nice and easy beginners setup, i like the all white look! White hdj-500s next? :P
    You should buy the ikea LED lights and put it in the booth, looks so good with it!

Are you looking for speakers or monitors, a pair of white krk's would look nice!
    Norwegian bedroom DJ - Numark 4trak - NI Kontrol X1- Pioneer HDJ500 - Traktor 2.6 - Macbook

Tech Convert

The minimalist look is very appealing

Definitely a classy first rig!

Welcome to DJ-land, hope you enjoy your stay. Looking forward to watching this rig grow.

Very nice!
    Soundcloud @ http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-sved
    Twitter @ https://twitter.com/djsved
    DJM 900 Nexus
    Two Traktor X1s

I forsee that table filling up rather quickly over the next 18 months
    As far as some speakers go how about some rockit 5's or 6's that we have in the store?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    As far as some speakers go how about some rockit 5's or 6's that we have in the store?
    Horrible man.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Thanks for the good feedback guys!

Havent been on in a few days, did my first "gig" djing for my own house party.

Went well! ha

These are the speakers i bought to start with, very basic and have terrible bass but they made noise and will do for now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ls_o00_s00_i00

I Really like the white KRK's so i think that'll be on the list when i get this quarters commision

I have a couple of new pictures as well, i added a black UV light to the front of it as well as a strobe light. Very OTT but it went down well once everyone had a drink and was jumping about!

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Horrible man.
    What's horrible about Rockits?

Quote Originally Posted by thepanache View Post
    What's horrible about Rockits?
    I meant the shocking advert!!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast