My new controller, need a little help! :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My new controller, need a little help! :)

As I posted, I was thinking to get a Mixtrack Pro as a controller, but, I just changed my mind, and I bought a Xone4D, it'll be here in about 2 weeks!
    I just ahve 1 question, I'll use it with Traktor Pro 2, and I want to use it with 2 decks, each "Xone1D" for each deck, so I want the first deck on channel 1 of the mixer, second deck on channel 2 on the mixer, and channel 3-4 for my physic decks.
    How can I do it?
    I dunno what may I do, thank you very much
    (2) Kontrol F1 - Kontrol S2 - (2) Technichs SL1210 mk2 - Maschine Mikro MK2 - Akai APC 20 - Midi Fighter Spectra - RMX 1000 - (2) Rokkit 6 - Gemini DJX05 - Kontrol Z2 - (2) Kontrol X1 MK2

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Nice jump, alike those two are in same price range

You'll need sound card for traktor decks and CDJ or phonos are simple as plug n play. Just make sure correct pre-amp is selected for those channels that you connect them to it.

Aw, thanks for your help!! *w*
    So... I need to buy another sound card for traktor?
    I mean, the only way to use it as Midi controller, is to get a sound card, and then, I'll be able to use it as Midi Controller conecting the sound card and the USB?
    Or can I use the Sound Card on the Xone4D, and just connect it?
    (2) Kontrol F1 - Kontrol S2 - (2) Technichs SL1210 mk2 - Maschine Mikro MK2 - Akai APC 20 - Midi Fighter Spectra - RMX 1000 - (2) Rokkit 6 - Gemini DJX05 - Kontrol Z2 - (2) Kontrol X1 MK2

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

So... I need to buy another sound card for traktor?
    WTF ? .. No he means you need to use the inputs on 4D's soundcard input (for timecode), and route externally to the 4D's mixer section, if you just want to use CDJ's regularly you can route them into input decks or just the mixer section standalon.

The 4D is a 20 Channel Traktor Scratch Certified soundcard with some pretty endless possibilites of how you want to set yourself up

you don't need any other devices whatsoever with a 4D though (you lucky bastard )

So, I don't need to buy a sound card or anything?
    I mean, I can just use the RCA cables on the sound card outputs in the back, and just coneect them to the 4D channels?

Quote Originally Posted by rawwwr View Post
    So, I don't need to buy a sound card or anything?
    I mean, I can just use the RCA cables on the sound card outputs in the back, and just coneect them to the 4D channels?
    Yes ... seriously, you didnt check out the specs before you bought it ?

http://images.thomann.de/pics/prod/216953_guid.pdf

Ye, I did it, but on the manual, there's a conection map, using a sound card, and the map without the external soundcard, just doesn't show the conections, and when Stewe said that, I was like... "wtf?... o.O", and I was searching around, and I just found the same, Xone4D has a 20 channel usb sound card.

You'll need sound card for traktor decks and CDJ or phonos are simple as plug n play
    Do you actually know what a 4D is ? its already a CERTIFIED 20 channel Traktor Soundcard + Analogue mixer built in

Some people

Tech Mentor

Lol if a 4d was in the budget, why even look at the mixtrack?
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Don't worry. The 4D comes with a very clear manual.

Congrat's! A 4D is something you will likely own and enjoy for the next decade.

On the mixer section you can choose a physical input (phono/line) or a soundcard input. Printed on the faceplate, is the internal soundcard channel number. Just flick the button to internal soundcard. In the traktor audio setup, just choose the right soundcard channel number and it will work.

Read the manyal 3 times at least. Every time you read it you discover more. A 4D's possibilities are virtually endless AND they made it simple to set up, but because it can do a lot, it can take a bit of time before you realise how simple it is.

It has both great overlays and midi maps for traktor out of the box!

TIP: download the latest firmware from A&H. They still update the firmware regularly and improve noticably.

I'm hoping they will update the BPM detection after they released a better BPM detection for the DB4 & DB2.
    IBM Thinkpad X41 - IBM Thinkpad T60p - Xone 4D - 2x SL1210 - Maschine mk2 white

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast