Using Kontrol F1 with Traktor in external mixing mode

Default Using Kontrol F1 with Traktor in external mixing mode

Hello,

Been using an F1 since release, however have since moved on from an S4 and now using a Xone DB4 with a pair of Denon SC3900 players and an Audio 6, with Traktor in external mixing mode.

I can load up a Remix Set, hit the pads and see them playing in Traktor on screen, but do not hear any sound.

Would anyone know how I go about rectifying this?

Many thanks,
    c

each deck has to be routed to its own channel, so for example with the A6 you can run 3 decks externally, if you want to run a remix deck through the mixer you'd have to sacrifice a third track deck.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Thanks for responding.

Yup, however in the output routing section of Traktor the only options I have are to set the two SC3900's for A and B - nothing else, no option to set anything for C for the Remix Deck.

Quote Originally Posted by cheef View Post
    Thanks for responding.

Yup, however in the output routing section of Traktor the only options I have are to set the two SC3900's for A and B - nothing else, no option to set anything for C for the Remix Deck.
    Is traktor set to internal or external mixing? is the DB4 the sound card that Traktor is using? can you post a screencapture?
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

To answer DirtyNerd: Traktor is in external mixing mode, and Traktor is using the A6 sound card and not the Xone DB4 sound card.

I now have the F1 routing through to Deck C correctly via the mixer and sound card, and I can now hear output when I trigger the pads. However I am encountering a problem in that the output is clipping massively, such huge distortion.

It's not Traktor Main gain, it's not individual sample gain control, and I can set channel trim on the mixer real low and still have huge distortion. I have also tried different cables and also tried routing deck A (or B's) through to C instead (knowing they're fine) and still having the clipping from the F1. Also tried capturing new samples, just on the off-chance it was something to do with my old Remix Sets.

Would anyone have any suggestions about this high clipping/distortion?

Cheers,
    c

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What's your headroom in Traktor set to?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I now have the F1 routing through to Deck C correctly via the mixer and sound card, and I can now hear output when I trigger the pads. However I am encountering a problem in that the output is clipping massively, such huge distortion.

It's not Traktor Main gain, it's not individual sample gain control, and I can set channel trim on the mixer real low and still have huge distortion. I have also tried different cables and also tried routing deck A (or B's) through to C instead (knowing they're fine) and still having the clipping from the F1. Also tried capturing new samples, just on the off-chance it was something to do with my old Remix Sets.

Would anyone have any suggestions about this high clipping/distortion?
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    What's your headroom in Traktor set to?
    if it's not the headroom and the mixer and slot gain controls are fine...try checking the gain control for the remix deck itself inside Traktor...that happened to me recently and that solved it for me.

Channel on the mixer (at rear of unit) was set to phono. Set it back to Line and now all is good.

Thanks for everyone's input, appreciated.

Channel on the mixer (at rear of unit) was set to phono. Set it back to Line and now all is good.

Thanks for everyone's input, appreciated.
    Ahhhh...that would do it...

Just interested why you are using the A6 instead of the DB4 card - or the 3900 cards?

Is it because you using Traktor Scratch Pro?
    SC | MC