running maschine with traktor, what's the point when you your can use an F1? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    im going to sound like a fan boy saying this, as this has been my favorite purchase this year and i know ive chipped in on some threads to sing its praise - but the only drum machine ive ever had fun using over some playing decks has been a machinedrum. 16 step programming with only a one bar pattern, really easy to vibe with turning on and off step triggers to control the direction you want build things up or down. messing with maschine or an mpc just felt like it was easier to record the loops like you said. keep mind never done a mix like this but its been closest thing ive had to feeling a good vibe bringing in a drum machine over a playing deck
    Interesting, I would quite like to play around with a machinedrum. I toyed with the idea of getting an electribe to play beats over top while DJing until I kinda talked myself out of it when rationalizing what I really needed it for over the F1 I already had. Was thinking it could be a nice hardware midi clock source to drive traktor/ableton. Then I played around with midipal which can seemingly do the same and found it didn't seem to matter how I had it setup given that i'm running win 7 OS.

Maschine does have some kind of timestretch now, not sure how one would go about trying to use it live though... Wouldn't doing any kind of quantized, snap grab ala remix deck require very good midi clock sync between maschine and traktor?

I think was mentioned earlier but I also don't find tempo controls so great on the Maschine hardware. Given my lack of success with midi clock sync the only other option for using it along side was manually dialling it in and nudging for drift. It might just be that I haven't found the right way to do this yet tho...

Two uses as far as I can tell:

1) To fire off (non synced, non looping) samples live

2) As an on-the-fly step sequencer

Does anyone have any vids of people using it a third way, kinda like an F1 to fire off synched loops live like an F1?

Quote Originally Posted by scooterADAM View Post
    Two uses as far as I can tell:
    Does anyone have any vids of people using it a third way, kinda like an F1 to fire off synched loops live like an F1?
    Maybe something like this:

Ableton is in charge of all the looping, Maschine is just another midi controller (APC would be better here IMHO) and its not setup for on the fly loop capture from Traktor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123