vms2

Thread: vms2

Tech Convert

Default vms2

I have a vms2 and a macbook pro 13 inch, how would I record my mix with an RCA cable in the booth and into my laptop? Is that possible

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

With cable it's possible. Plug it in line in at you sound card and use some software to record it.

p.s. Can you record it directly in program or you wanna route it for some reason?

Tech Convert

Default Booth

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    With cable it's possible. Plug it in line in at you sound card and use some software to record it.

p.s. Can you record it directly in program or you wanna route it for some reason?
    I tried using the record function in Traktor but it doesn't obey the fader, it keeps playing both decks even when previewing. So I'm trying to figure out some way to connect the booth into my macbook 13 inch. But the problem is that my macbook doesn't have a line in input. It only has the mic input.

Is recording in internal mode?

Tech Convert

Default mode

Is recording in internal mode?
    Yes it is.

And mixing? If you are in external mixing mode traktor will ignore fading on external mixer.

Tech Convert

Default booth

And mixing? If you are in external mixing mode traktor will ignore fading on external mixer.
    Yes I am in external mixing mode also, but my question is if there is a way to connect the rca to aux from the booth output to my laptop? Witch I have a macbook pro 13 inch.

If I can get the Traktor Scratch PRO to work that would be better also

With external mixing you cant get traktor to record your mix and in your scenario only way to do it is to route audio in to computer using line in as I said before. You've mentioned mic input but I think it's not good idea, however you can try to rout it there eventually and see if audio quality can be at satisfying level.

Probably the best solution would be to get some 2 in / 2 out sound card or portable audio recording device. Also you can try to record it by using other computer that has line in.

Tech Convert

Default jack

With external mixing you cant get traktor to record your mix and in your scenario only way to do it is to route audio in to computer using line in as I said before. You've mentioned mic input but I think it's not good idea, however you can try to rout it there eventually and see if audio quality can be at satisfying level.

Probably the best solution would be to get some 2 in / 2 out sound card or portable audio recording device. Also you can try to record it by using other computer that has line in.
    Is it possible to record from the headphone jack?