Djing... so easy right now...

Default Djing... so easy right now...

I remember when I started Djing, when I was 13-14 years old, now I'm 21, but for that years, you have to sync all the tracks manually, and also, you didn't see a screen, where you see a track's draw, you just need to use your heads, your memory, and your skills to sync every tracks and to do a good mix.
    A few months ago, I started using Virtual DJ, but I felt it like a game, because sometimes the BPM aren't correct, and if you move the BPM fader just a bit, you get around 0,50-1 BPM lower/higher, etc... then I tried traktor, and I really liked it, and it's an awesome, but you know... you have more and less, everything done...

A few days ago, I watched a video here, where two childs, where mixing on Djsounds, and well... it's so sad, because they aren't mixing at all, just playing one track, then they add another, and they stop the first track, they weren't using the eqs at all, etc...
    I feel sad, it's like the good old days, where you need skills, time, and talent, are just dead...
    What's your opinion?

Edit: I'm not saying anything against the new ways to mix, I know that this saves a lot of time, and also let's everyone to try to djing, I'm sooooo happy with traktor, and I'll mix from now, using traktor and vinyls, because it's awesome
    Last edited by rawwwr; 10-09-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    (2) Kontrol F1 - Kontrol S2 - (2) Technichs SL1210 mk2 - Maschine Mikro MK2 - Akai APC 20 - Midi Fighter Spectra - RMX 1000 - (2) Rokkit 6 - Gemini DJX05 - Kontrol Z2 - (2) Kontrol X1 MK2

(can we lock this before it even starts?)

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    +1
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Yep please lock this, misery will just follow.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Quote Originally Posted by rawwwr View Post
    I feel sad, it's like the good old days, where you need skills, time, and talent, are just dead...
    What's your opinion?
    the only thing that's dead is that poor, poor horse.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

It's kind of funny how most people on this forum can't handle repeat topics. I've always just skipped over stuff I don't care for. If I end up thinking the title meant something else and the body of the post annoys me, I leave without comment. Then again, I try to have more of a life than commenting on shit I hate in a forum. Either way, keep up the entertainment, slags.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by squidot View Post
    the only thing that's dead is that poor, poor horse.
    Hah!
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post

This.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!