HDJ 2000 sound going off on the right headphone - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Eugguy View Post
    Don't buy Pioneer Headphones! That is the best tip you can pick up! Pioneers are NOTORIOUS for shitting out on you! Go with Sennheiser, TMAS, Audio Technica, AKG, or Allen & Heath.
    TMA-1s are notorious for having snapped headbands. FYI

Tech Mentor

I was aware of that, and STILL, I personally wouldn't buy or use either the Pio or TMA, but still have to say the TMAs are probably stronger than the Pios. I use top end in-ear monitors, and when I have to use cans, I use ATH PRO700MK2, these things will blow any other DJ headphone one out of the water. Before that I've used the AKG181, a severely underrated headphone. Lots of better options at the price range of the HDJ 2000.

Tech Wizard

Can I revive this thread please?.facing a similar problem as the OP,mine is a tad bit different tho,where the headphone sound alternates from left to right depending on how deep I push in the gold connector into the mixer when using stereo.both left and right works on mono with the mixer.As the cable was mentioned in the thread,I too assumed that was the issue.However,both the left and right side can play sound in both stereo and mono when I hook it to my mobile?Please advise as it's bugging me alot and cables aren't easy to find over here

Quote Originally Posted by jackied View Post
    Can I revive this thread please?.facing a similar problem as the OP,mine is a tad bit different tho,where the headphone sound alternates from left to right depending on how deep I push in the gold connector into the mixer when using stereo.both left and right works on mono with the mixer.As the cable was mentioned in the thread,I too assumed that was the issue.However,both the left and right side can play sound in both stereo and mono when I hook it to my mobile?Please advise as it's bugging me alot and cables aren't easy to find over here
    That's not a problem with the cable/headphones but with the headphone socket on the mixer. It usually happens when using 1/8" (3,5mm) jack.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Wizard

Slay for the money

Thanks fr the info bud..I'm using a kontrol s4 mk1.any idea how to get it fixed and what it would cost?
    Shipping it to NI would be murder as shipment cost from Malaysia would be a bomb.warranty is over as I purchased it in 2011 if I'm not wrong.thanks guys

Tech Wizard

That mini XLR connector is the same as the connector used with lav mics and body packs. You can get them at any electronics/ a/v supply store. If you can solder, chop the old one and solder on the new one. I've saved my headphones many times by doing this, and the best part is it cost less than 5 bucks!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

That's not a problem with the cable/headphones but with the headphone socket on the mixer. It usually happens when using 1/8" (3,5mm) jack.
    Check with a different set of headphones and different jack plug / adaptor

If it works, then replace the Jack Connector on the headphones - problem solved.

If you still have the same issue with other headphones it is the jack socket inside the unit and you will need to get it replaced.

I have come across more than one headphone jack that works on my Mobile, but does not work on my controller - so I would rule the jack plug itself out first before taking the S4 apart.

Also, I would consider using some contact cleaner spray inside the headphone socket to rule out dirty contacts.

Any electronic shop (or cellphone repair shop) should be able to replace the headphone jack or socket - connectors are less than $5 for quality ones.

Tech Mentor

I have had my HDJ 2000s for over 6 years they are still going strong I had the same issue 2 years in and yes it was a cable issue I have replaced the cable 3 times and the ear pads once I recently got the HDJ 2000 MK2 for xmas I will only ever buy pioneer HDJs they're great quality I now use my old ones for my PC headphones
    Traktor Scratch Pro 3.01 /MacOS High Sierra/Macbook Pro 13inch Early 2015
    MF Twister /Kontrol F1/Kontrol X1 Mk2 x 2/XDJ 1000 MK2 x2/Maschine Mk2/RMX 1000
    DJM 900 Nxs2 /HDJ X10s

Tech Wizard

Can't go wrong with TMA. I have had the TMA-1's for over 2 years, daily use, and they are crisp and strong as ever. Like the other posters suggested, try a new cable. If they are under warranty, call pioneer. Otherwise try ebay for multiple cable choices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12