Numark ns7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numark ns7

Tech Convert

Default Numark ns7

I'm thinking about selling my Vestax vci-100 and upgrading to a numark ns7.

anyone have anythoughts about the ns7? also, the ns7 has a built in sound card, so should i sell my native instruments audio 4 dj too?

it's friggin sweet, i'd grab one if i had the cash. you planning on going to serato? i've only heard a few vague cases where people mapped the ns7 to traktor, not positive on it.

maybe wait to see if the ns7's built-in sounds better than the audio 4. it's doubtful, but possible, that your audio 4 makes your audio "cleaner" than the ns7's card. who knows.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Convert

the ns7 is not confirmed to work for Traktor, but a lot of people on the NI user forums are building a TCI so the controller works with the software, so I'm going to hold out and see how the TCI preforms.

it's the same number of in/outs and the ns7 has XLR's too. I think I'm going to try to bundle the vci and the audio 4 dj to get a better price out of it.
    Last edited by hollisto; 06-29-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: added info

my only concern is how good to audio is from the ns7. i would hope it's excellent considering the price.

Tech Wizard

that is one big piece of equipment

Quote Originally Posted by johan View Post
    that is one big piece of equipment
    definitely. it's a behemoth compared the to vci

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    definitely. it's a behemoth compared the to vci
    I like the size though, whenever I DJ with my vci, I always feel like my entire setup doesn't look professional. Part of DJing is looking the part, and although the vci-100 is awesome for a portable mixer, I'm looking for something bigger that resembles a traditional DJ setup

Quote Originally Posted by hollisto View Post
    I like the size though, whenever I DJ with my vci, I always feel like my entire setup doesn't look professional. Part of DJing is looking the part, and although the vci-100 is awesome for a portable mixer, I'm looking for something bigger that resembles a traditional DJ setup
    i feel you, i really do, but in the end if you can perform just as well as the guy with 2 cdj-1000's, who cares how big your setup is. it's not all about looks. i may sound like an idealist, but i believe it's more about the sound you make than how you look making it. if anything, at the end of the night you don't have to lug around 100lb bags of gear :P

Quote Originally Posted by hollisto View Post
    Personally, I never liked the NS7. All the downsides of the VCI-300 (too proprietary/integrated, expensive to fix should something go wrong down the line), with the additional downside of being large and heavy.

If large and heavy isn't a deal-breaker, for my money I'd rather go with real turntables and a DVS, and continue leveraging the VCI-100 as your midi controller for cue points, effects, etc.

That modular route *does* arguably suffer from more potential points of failure, and that's not a trivial problem, but overall I guess I'd rather have a couple more potential failure points and the ability to debug each of them if a problem occurs, rather than fewer failure points and no debugging ability.

Diff'rent strokes, as they say...
    reason, live7, traktor pro, m-audio x-session, m-audio O2, KRK RP5, Roland RD300sx

yeah, and i recently pointed this out to a friend who was thinking of getting an ns7 because of it's more "traditional" setup appeal:

ns7 = $1300
    korg zero4 (firewire, traktor certified) [$700] + 2x technics 1200 [$500] + 2x timecode vinyls [$30] = $1230

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast