I am trying to upgrade to 2.5 on Traktor and I keep getting a Failed mess. on my MAC
    Tech Convert

Unhappy I am trying to upgrade to 2.5 on Traktor and I keep getting a Failed mess. on my MAC

It's never happened before, so far all of the other updates have gone well. This update I couldn't find on my Service Center, I had to go to the NI website to download it to my mac. I'm still new to MAC...the entire message reads: Failure: Cannot proceed with this update, because the app cannot be found in the stored installation directory.

I never moved or changed anything. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening. Thanks in advance.

SW

Make sure the current version of traktor (basically the traktor icon) is located in Finder > Applications.
    nope.

Tech Convert

Yes, my current version icon is there...

I had a similar problem. NI told me to download the demo from their site and punch in your serial number when it prompts you. Worked just fine.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

Did you change the name of the boot drive or where Traktor resides?
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Convert

Thanks Jayo, I'm gonna try that and see what happens , I appreciate your help.

Tech Convert

No, I never changed anything or did anything different, that's why I'm wondering why I'm getting this message.

In general NI installations get very unhappy if the volume name or location has been changed behind their back. They register absolute paths with a volume name et rest bake in to the plists controlling content locations.

Otherwise, it's seldom a good idea to take out any apps from the /Applications folder. Mac App store installs assume to find the original version there. Otherwise I don't know what happened in your specific instance.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Convert

It was what you said Jayo..once I downloaded the demo version it took the other download with no problem. Thank you so much, that was a huge help! Now I am just trying to figure out the remix decks, everything is different now.