flosstradamus caught faking it! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

After watching it again, everything does still look plugged in.

Why on earth are we sitting here trying to judge whether or not they had a prerecorded set? Who cares?! I'd bet half the people who look down on prerecording support autosync, at least with a mixed CD theres the implication that you've mixed the set by hand at some point. Playing out a mix is less "fake" than syncing.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Why on earth are we sitting here trying to judge whether or not they had a prerecorded set? Who cares?! I'd bet half the people who look down on prerecording support autosync, at least with a mixed CD theres the implication that you've mixed the set by hand at some point. Playing out a mix is less "fake" than syncing.
    How is there an implication that a mixed CD was mixed by by hand/non-sync? What a bullshit assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    How is there an implication that a mixed CD was mixed by by hand/non-sync? What a bullshit assumption.
    Because it could have been, and most prolific DJs have at least the technical ability to do so. If someone heavily supported sync, chances are they wouldn't be playing out a mix in the first place.

I don't think regular fans give a shit.

But to truly find out, someone has to be familiar with those specific songs that were playing and any versions of them. If there was "mixing" going on while the stuff was all the floor, then it probably mostly pre-recorded. If the songs playing were known remixes or versions played elsewhere, then it could be legit.

I've seen a lot of videos on youtube from guys at fests where they are turning the "magic knob". Meaning there is mixing going on and yet there hand is on a random knob that wouldn't be able to produce that. Or doing that fake knob tweaking you see a lot of guys doing where they just touch a knob but don't actually move it. I see a lot of guys doing the fake touch thing, some are just checking as sort of a habit, others I think are trying to fake how much they are actually mixing.

More likely that it was done in Ableton and not really mixed at all.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

What a tool...
    SC | MC

Quote Originally Posted by jayo View Post
    More likely that it was done in Ableton and not really mixed at all.
    So... what? "Ableton DJs" are all fakes now? Damn, better alert the tons of Ableton users.

I've never even heard of flosstradamus and based on what I'm hearing in the video I know why.
    I just find it funny that they were acting stupid enough to knock a table worth of gear on the floor.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

I find it hard to imagine that everything could stay plugged in after that screw up. It's possible, but it seems absurdly lucky if it did.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast