I made an in-depth tutorial all about dnb/dubstep bass techniques in FM8
    Tech Wizard

Default I made an in-depth tutorial all about dnb/dubstep bass techniques in FM8

Hey guys, I know a lot of you have been struggling with FM8 to make some cool noises, so I did a tutorial about it. Check it out, let me know what you think.

I've been getting a lot of feedback from people saying they found this really easy to follow even if they're relatively new to production, so don't hesitate to check it out.

http://www.nukage.net/2012/10/06/nuk...bass-tutorial/
    Last edited by nukage; 10-07-2012 at 03:24 AM.

Tech Wizard

looking forward to check it out =)
    BADHAIRDAY on soundcloud.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for this dude. FM8 can be a tricky beast, and your video helped me out quite a bit. It's such a different way to modulate your sound [compared to Massive/other similar synths], but you do a good job of breaking down what you're doing and why.

I think the best tip I got from this was the [seemingly] random value of 14.770.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for checking it out, I think I might do a follow up video about a few additional ways you can add more expressiveness to FM8 like using the velocity modifiers and things like that. Also I'm going to be making an ableton performance template that uses clips to control morphing using clips mapped to buttons and it will be compatible with the midi fighter (or any 4x4 grid controller) so stay tuned for that! And I'm going to upload the template so anyone can check it out and map it to their own controller.

Banned

co-co-cool. keep us posted