Ear Protection
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear Protection

Default Ear Protection

Hey guys I want to get the Beats Detox Pro for DJing but I need to protect my ears. What do you guys recommend I do? Should I wear earplugs under the headphones, can that be done? Thanks.

Tech Mentor

If you can afford the Detox headphones, you can probably afford a pair of custom molded musician's earplugs.

Otherwise, you could get some ETY-Plugs and wear them under your phones.

Tech Guru

The custom plugs are about $180...and well worth it. I was fitted by an audiologist, and it was the same price as the home kit. I will NOT go back to even ETY plugs.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

And do you just wear them under your headphones?

Tech Guru

Yes. The custom plugs fit under headphones...even if you keep the headphones on all the time. The ETY plugs can be used under headphones...but are not comfortable to use like that.

We need to take a step back and ask why, in gods name, are you buying those headphones?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sn0wday View Post
    We need to take a step back and ask why, in gods name, are you buying those headphones?
    They are IMHO useless in the Studio - but durable and honestly quite suited to DJ'ing live*.

Just horribly horribly overpriced.

*Despite every other DJ thinking your a tit for buying them in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    They are IMHO useless in the Studio - but durable and honestly quite suited to DJ'ing live*.

Just horribly horribly overpriced.

*Despite every other DJ thinking your a tit for buying them in the first place
    Serioiusly...

I know he didn't ask for an opinion on the headphones haha, but we gotta let 'im know!

People need to just forget all these commercial brands, buy a pair of athm50s or something of equal quality, make sure they're flat and move on with their life.

I've had my m50s for a year and a half and I can't imagine I'd need anything better unless I suddenly came up in the production game lol (unlikely)
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Its gangster to leave the sticker on. Not like Compton gangster, more like eminem gangster. My 47" LED TV is gangster like that. I left all of the stickers on the screen. Its more like a 20" triangle TV.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    The custom plugs are about $180...and well worth it. I was fitted by an audiologist, and it was the same price as the home kit. I will NOT go back to even ETY plugs.
    Which plugs did you get? I thought the custom Ety plugs were $400-$500 including audiologist appointment and manufacturing.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    Which plugs did you get? I thought the custom Ety plugs were $400-$500 including audiologist appointment and manufacturing.
    The brand is Westone. I have the 15dB filters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast