why he using so much equipment? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

what was he even doing... it just looked like he was standing there and wiggled the eqs a bit while ableton played a pre-programmed set... ... not too impressive imo.

I only watched about 3 minutes but it looked like the most used tool was the mousepad on his laptop. Thats some piss poor mapping if he has all that gear and still has to constantly use the mousepad.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

17 promo shows in 17 days, i'd have a planned out set too if i was paul van dyk.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    good to know we're all just markets
    probably written not by a person but a "human resource".
    back in the early 90's when companies changed the name of the personnel department to human resources things really started to go to shit.

Tech people use their own language to shorten conversations between those in the know. Business people then created their own language to try to sound intelligent and lengthen communications.....

Instead of just saying "we need to start working together" they babble on for 3 pages about "optimizing synergies and leveraging communications"

Tech Guru

17 promo shows in 17 days, i'd have a planned out set too if i was paul van dyk.

ya this is why Musicians who play in bands scoff at djs. Your audience is paying for a live performance, so play a fuckin live performance. Am I supposed to sympathize for him because he's getting paid retarded sums of cash to work everyday doing something that most people do just for fun?

yaright

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    ya this is why Musicians who play in bands scoff at djs. Your audience is paying for a live performance, so play a fuckin live performance. Am I supposed to sympathize for him because he's getting paid retarded sums of cash to work everyday doing something that most people do just for fun?

yaright
    not trying to stick up for the guy, but going to give the other side just for fairness:

not many bands have to live up to the rep that he does. a lot of people expect an awesome performance from him. what you DON'T see is all the time he put in organizing that set and banging out all the kinks. it may be programmed, it may not be, but either way, he's not just pushing play and walking off. he's still tweaking stuff whether it be minor, major, whatever.

just my thoughts on that one.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

aleast he's doing more that Peter Hook from Joy Division/New Order

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m01g4XnC_qU
    sad day for any hardcore joy division fan.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Meh so he's just a mediocre DJ. Doesn't mean Joy Division or New Order aren't, y'know, awesome.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

. what you DON'T see is all the time he put in organizing that set and banging out all the kinks.

i disagree. we as djs all know how much time and work it takes to prepare a solid set, that's probably why I'm so judgemental. For an average party goer they're not going to give two shits how he plays the music for them, the only people who care about this kind of stuff are DJ geeks like myself who post on forums like this one
    .. shit my latest set took me approximately 3 months to put together from start to finish (you can find it in the promo section)

with that said for me personally it takes alot to get me out of the house for a DJ event these days, so unless they're offering something in their live performance that I can't get from a recording - there's no way im gonna waste time/money on it.

just my opinions. not trying to be a stick in the mud :P

Dont mean to thread jack, but...i listen to atleast one Joy Division song a day! My favorite band next to you know who.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast