Is it possible to use time code vinyl with the VCI400 ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Is it possible to use time code vinyl with the VCI400 ?

Can anybody answer this question ?

DJTT Mapping Psycho

The Vci-400 doesn't have phono inputs as far as I know, only line-ins.

Tech Convert

i have analogue decks - i'm using the VCI400's standalone mixer function - and by using a pre amp can play vinyl.

For traktor timecode control your going to need a traktor scratch certified soundcard with phono preamps. Vci400 doesn't have phono ins.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyp View Post
    For traktor timecode control your going to need a traktor scratch certified soundcard with phono preamps. Vci400 doesn't have phono ins.

Would it be possible to incorporate a Traktor Scratch certified soundcard into the setup? Not a cheap solution, but I'd sacrifice.

yah. You just set the soundcard in traktors settings. I use an external soundcard most of the time with my 400ege
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

I got the VCI 400 EGE working with my CDJ's with no NI Soundcard:

i have analogue decks - i'm using the VCI400's standalone mixer function - and by using a pre amp can play vinyl.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by captainkrtek View Post
    I got the VCI 400 EGE working with my CDJ's with no NI Soundcard:
    Thanks for the video, would like some clarification though. I have the VCI400 EGE hooked up directly to a Pioneer CDJ-900 (with Traktor timecode CD in the unit) into the line 1 input on the VCI400. I have set the input mapping on deck C (set as a track deck) to line 1 for both left and right channels. I also went into the timecode setting and set track deck C to the "scratch" setting. Traktor Pro 2 software does not show any signs that the CDJ-900 is even connected (CDJ is playing), nothing on the scope setting at all. If I also turn up the dial on the back of the VCI-400 next to the line inputs I can hear the timecode signal, it is not affected at all by any of the volume faders etc on the VCI-400. I can control deck C with the VCI-400 still - it is as if deck C is not recognized as an external controler, VCI-400 still is in control of it.

I must be missing something obvious but I cannot get the CDJ-900 to work as a separate deck controller with the timecode CD playing with the VCI-400. Is there anything I need to do in addition to the video that captinkrtek posted. i am also using the latest release of Traktor Pro 2 Scratch 2.6.3.

Any advise/assistance is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Wardos!

Tech Convert

Hi,

I am also interested in connecting up a Pioneer CDJ-900 with the VCI-400 SE as an external controller with a time coded CD. So far following the instructions in the posted video, have had no success. I have plugged the CDJ-900 into the line1 connectors of the VCI-400. Then set the deck C as a track deck, then set the input mapping of deck C to line1 L and R, then set deck C in the timecode setting page to the "scratch" setting. So far this has not worked at all, in fact the VCI-400 still can control deck c directly, the CDJ unit does nothing in terms of controlling the deck.

Perhaps I have missed something obvious, please any advise or guidance is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Wardos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast