Is it possible to use time code vinyl with the VCI400 ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Convert

Red face

Sorry for the double post previously - I thought the first one did not make it - browser issue.

So I tinkered around with the Traktor settings last night with both the 400 and also a NI Audio6 to see what the differences are in terms of getting the CDJ with timecoded media to work. Turns out in the preferences, on the Audio Setup options (1st preference option), there is a "Phono/Line" section. When I select the Audio6 as the audio device the Phono/Line section has an entry for the connected CDJ showing line level etc and it works. When I have the VCI-400SE selected as the audio device it says "Not Supported" in the Phono/Line section.

This tells me that the VCI-400 as it is in my case does not support timecoded external devices, is this summary correct? For those who have successfully connected timecoded CDJ/Turntables up to the 400, what does this section show for you? It would be awesome if those who have this working could share your preference settings.

Thanks
    Wardos.

Tech Convert

That sounds about right.

When using the VCI with timecode, the VCI is only a midi controller. The A6 is the (Traktor Certified) soundcard.

There's no difference in function of the VCI, just you will have no audio cables sticking out of or into it at all, only USB.

Tech Convert

sorry guys but I'm digging this back up.

Had my vci-400ege for almost a year now and a new house has given me space to get myself another pair of 1200s! really need to know if there is anyway of getting the timecode working by maybe throwing some RIAA preamps between the decks and the line inputs of the VCI.

I remember many years back I had a Maya44 non-TSP certified sound card working with an antiquated version of TSP!!

I would just go buy the preamps and suck it and see once my decks are delivered, but now I'm living out in Guatemala and I have to import everything and it takes weeks. Dont want to wait 6 weeks for the preamps to come to find they don't work then have to wait even longer to buy another sound card, and don't really want to throw money at an NI sound card if this can be done on the cheap.

There has to be a good handful of ppl in the community who have access to all the kit to give this a test?!

The video posted earlier in this thread gave me hope, but checking the comments on the YouTube page, someone said it doesn't work :S

Anybody willing to put this to bed?

TIA

Tech Convert

Just found this on YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dVTchm7CwFM

anyone with the kit to hand to try this out?? I'm still waiting for my decks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12