Chroma Caps on Vestax VCI-400
    Tech Wizard

Default Chroma Caps on Vestax VCI-400

Hey guys and sorry for this forst post, because the answer to this is probably obvious to experienced folk, which I'm not. Tried searching, no luck.

I want to grab some chroma-caps to pimp out my VCI-400. My concern is that I have heard and read people saying that some chroma-caps just dont quite fit the VCI-400. How much do they "don't quite fit" and why does DJTT not list this device on their compatibility list - does it require too much work so it's not worth it? I mean DJTT have a core product that is basically the VCI-400 with a re-printed faceplate and these caps, so why isn't it listed?

If not then what knobs can/cannot work? Am happy to do a bit of file/sandpaper/dremel work.

Cheers guys - really appreciate any feedback.

They work on every knob but the encoders and browse knob. The faders don't fit perfect though just a little low.
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Quote Originally Posted by noofny View Post
    Hey guys and sorry for this forst post, because the answer to this is probably obvious to experienced folk, which I'm not. Tried searching, no luck.

I want to grab some chroma-caps to pimp out my VCI-400. My concern is that I have heard and read people saying that some chroma-caps just dont quite fit the VCI-400. How much do they "don't quite fit" and why does DJTT not list this device on their compatibility list - does it require too much work so it's not worth it? I mean DJTT have a core product that is basically the VCI-400 with a re-printed faceplate and these caps, so why isn't it listed?

If not then what knobs can/cannot work? Am happy to do a bit of file/sandpaper/dremel work.

Cheers guys - really appreciate any feedback.
    Yes, the Chroma Caps fit. (I've since changed my EFX and Fader knobs to blue)

--------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.