What ever happened to the disco ball photo contest? Who won the Midi Fighter 3D? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It wasn't dutch trash talking Pete. I was just asking if he knew who I contacted. But than again I would not have to tell you as I know you speak dutch as well.

I am not kidding you, as a matter of fact this is the truth. If you find that offensive/ faking... well... I guess it just shows we're human after all.

- "Contests without any rules"; how could that be a contest?
    - "Nobody sent in any pictures after two weeks"; surely contest is valid?
    - "Later contest", if you look at that last argument you'll just see that that has no clear relation to this supposed contest at all.

This all seems a bit too much of a promotion of your own online Deep Disco community, and I could just call out your public trolling in benefit your own community.

Once again, I'm not trying to be offensive, try not to come across as being offensive towards your arguments.
    If any, I'm even trying to take it up for you against the San Fran team. So I will only ask you once to quit the hostility.
    Last edited by tekki; 10-27-2012 at 04:35 AM.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

If this is still open would I have enough time to photography my disco ball collection balanced on funny animal heads?

Hahahahahaha!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Glad to hear you're on top of it, much appreciated.

For what it's worth, this whole thing has zero to do with the deep disco community as you must agree that complaining on a forum isn't exactly a smart way to promote your thing. Aux contrary, I would argue.

The Midi Fighter 3D is just serious hardware to win in a contest so you can only expect people to put serious time in it and expecting an outcome of the contest.
    As said before, I've always been a big supporter of DJTT since the beginning, albeit critical. I even personally defended Ean at turntablism forums where they were trashing him and controllerism. In the end, I assume everything will work out fine with this contest as I hate to loose my trust in these guys because of not keeping their commitments to their audience.

Btw I don't mind loosing this contest as long as at least a winner gets announced with a proper reasoning behind it.
    Last edited by Rolfski; 10-27-2012 at 02:38 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Just wanted to apologize on behalf of the staff for letting this slip - we didn't (until now) have a policy for contests and making sure someone follows up on them, so this just never happened.

Thanks to everyone for entering.

Tech Convert

Glad it finally got sorted. Clearly, the best pictures didn't win but I guess that was to be expected after all this hassle.

Off topic: Please stop making these "fake ID" accusations if you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm a personal friend of Rolfski, enjoying the same music he does for years now. I knew he wanted this solved and I think he has a point so that's why I brought up the topic.

Apologies barely accepted. In the end I can't help but feeling bitter about this whole thing:
    • Almost 3 weeks of discussion before DJTT finally responds. This is unacceptable. If you run a website you are expected to read and respond in your own forums regularly. It's called engagement with your audience and you can't leave that up to the mods only.
    • Accusations of trolling and fake ID although in the end I don't blame the mods. They did a great job of taking this up and making DJTT respond.
    • Best picture didn't win and DJTT knows it. This contest was about the craziest picture. Although the FB winner is a cool pic, by no means I would call it the craziest pic compared to the other contesters
    • If my picture would win after all my loud effort to announce a winner it would make them look stupid, would it? So in the end, by keeping the DJTT team sharp and on their toes regarding their responsibilities to their audience, I guess I instantly lost my chance in this contest. It's a bitter price to pay for involvement as a customer but hopefully they learned something of it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's a small staff at the HQ so they can't monitor the forums as much as they might like. It's our jobs as volunteer moderators to keep an eye out for things that might need the direct attention of the staff. Compound all that with people getting sick and others going on vacation and the fact that they're not open seven days a week and sometimes the response might take longer than what has come to be expected in this instant chat, always available type of service we've become accustomed to. Three weeks might be a bit long, but like spacecamp said, efforts have been made to see that this won't happen again.

In the grand scheme of things DJTT is still a fairly new company. When it comes to learning things I think it goes without saying that new things are learned on a daily basis.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
    Apologies barely accepted. In the end I can't help but feeling bitter about this whole thing:
    • Almost 3 weeks of discussion before DJTT finally responds. This is unacceptable. If you run a website you are expected to read and respond in your own forums regularly. It's called engagement with your audience and you can't leave that up to the mods only.
    • Accusations of trolling and fake ID although in the end I don't blame the mods. They did a great job of taking this up and making DJTT respond.
    • Best picture didn't win and DJTT knows it. This contest was about the craziest picture. Although the FB winner is a cool pic, by no means I would call it the craziest pic compared to the other contesters
    • If my picture would win after all my loud effort to announce a winner it would make them look stupid, would it? So in the end, by keeping the DJTT team sharp and on their toes regarding their responsibilities to their audience, I guess I instantly lost my chance in this contest. It's a bitter price to pay for involvement as a customer but hopefully they learned something of it.
    Are you seriously saying that you expected yourself to win in the first place?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast