What ever happened to the disco ball photo contest? Who won the Midi Fighter 3D?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default What ever happened to the disco ball photo contest? Who won the Midi Fighter 3D?

    Is it just me or did I never see any announcement about who won the Midi Fighter 3D is this cool contest:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/08/1...gs-in-dj-sets/

    I loved this contest. DJTechTools would not "forget" about this contest so it must be me, right?
    Last edited by Pete Bakker; 10-14-2012 at 12:48 AM.

  2. #2
    Tech Wizard Rolfski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I want to know this as well. I really wanted to win this Midi Fighter 3D and I made quite some effort for this photo contest, posting many photos on the DJTT Facebook page. Can we have a word from the DJTT team please?

  3. #3
    Tech Guru BFLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Typical DJTT - starting something and not finishing it

  4. #4
    Tech Wizard Rolfski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFLY View Post
    Typical DJTT - starting something and not finishing it
    Is that true? Although I never bought anything from them, I always thought these guys were at least somewhat reliable. I've been following and supporting, albeit critically, Ean and his crew since the day Moldover made controllorism part of our dictionary. But are you suggesting they are screwing over their own loyal audience?

    Because frankly, for me that would be a big and painful fall from grace. Over the years, I moved mountains being an evangalist for this site, convincing people that the future of dj-ing is truly changing and this site should be their main source to take a peek at the future of dj-ing. Heck, I even lured half of the Amsterdam dj scene to this site. And all because I believed in this. Never met the DJTT crew, so far no interest in them knowing this about me because I always wanted to be independent and critical, not just some fanboy. The thought of them, screwing over their loyal fanbase by just "forgetting" about contests that mean a lot to other people, just seems unreal and scary tbh.

  5. #5
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default DJTT are no scams, they will come up with an explanation/apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
    Is that true? Although I never bought anything from them, I always thought these guys were at least somewhat reliable. I've been following and supporting, albeit critically, Ean and his crew since the day Moldover made controllorism part of our dictionary. But are you suggesting they are screwing over their own loyal audience?

    Because frankly, for me that would be a big and painful fall from grace. Over the years, I moved mountains being an evangalist for this site, convincing people that the future of dj-ing is truly changing and this site should be their main source to take a peek at the future of dj-ing. Heck, I even lured half of the Amsterdam dj scene to this site. And all because I believed in this. Never met the DJTT crew, so far no interest in them knowing this about me because I always wanted to be independent and critical, not just some fanboy. The thought of them, screwing over their loyal fanbase by just "forgetting" about contests that mean a lot to other people, just seems unreal and scary tbh.
    I can understand were you come from and I admire the enthusiasm you have but I wouldn't be too afraid about the DJTT team potentially "falling from grace". These guys are no jerks and intelligent enough to read their own forums. So I'm pretty sure we're going to see an official statement from them on this matter soon, explaining why they have dropped the ball on this contest and apologizing for it.

    No website in the world will be so stupid to deliberately screwing over their own loyal fan base, "forgetting" about their own contests in which people can win stuff that means a lot to them. TBH: We're probably collectively all wrong and they probably already have announced it somewhere, some time. Although I have to admit I can't find anything about this in the forums so far.

    Btw I was not a candidate in all this. I just fought it was a cool contest and I am curious which photo won.

  6. #6
    DJTT Ninja Mod tekki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Afterhour Ali's lap
    Posts
    11,004

    Default

    Got to be honest that I am not an avid DJTT blog reader, just some of the articles are read. I can't remember this contest have an end date/deadline?

    Could quite possibly be that the guys at the San Fran HQ are really busy production and project wise, that this priority was set back a little.

    Will take a look.

    And BFLY, sorry that read you'd feel that way.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

  7. #7
    Tech Guru BFLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Got to be honest that I am not an avid DJTT blog reader, just some of the articles are read. I can't remember this contest have an end date/deadline?

    Could quite possibly be that the guys at the San Fran HQ are really busy production and project wise, that this priority was set back a little.

    Will take a look.

    And BFLY, sorry that read you'd feel that way.
    Im not knocking the forums, the mods do a great job. There seems to be loads of stuff on the blog that doesnt continue - The DJ Shiftee tutorials is one example that springs to mind.

  8. #8
    DJTT Ninja Mod tekki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Afterhour Ali's lap
    Posts
    11,004

    Default

    You have got a point there BFLY.
    Truth is, all people at San Fran HQ and blog contributors have tight schedules DJing. I think this combined with being enthusiastic about concepts, sometimes brings out ideas on the blog before it has been properly touched down.

    Unfortunately creative minds tend to go that way.

    (And thanks for liking the forums and mods! )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

  9. #9
    Tech Convert
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default Thanks for looking into this

    Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    You have got a point there BFLY.
    Truth is, all people at San Fran HQ and blog contributors have tight schedules DJing. I think this combined with being enthusiastic about concepts, sometimes brings out ideas on the blog before it has been properly touched down.

    Unfortunately creative minds tend to go that way.

    (And thanks for liking the forums and mods! )
    Great to hear you will take a look into this, heads up to the mods for adressing our issues:-)

    When I read about this contest then, I frankly found the rules kinda vague as no end date was announced. But as it is already more then 2 months ago since the contest announcement, I figured they must have declared winners by now.

  10. #10
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    13,939

    Default

    Here's the post. I was thinking there was a winner announced, but I may be wrong.

    http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/08/1...gs-in-dj-sets/
    Chris Jennings FHP

    Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •