MPD 32 XTREME MAPPING FOR TRAKTOR - (With TouchOSC Layout)
    Tech Convert

Lightbulb MPD 32 XTREME MAPPING FOR TRAKTOR - (With TouchOSC Layout)

I'm working on a "total control" Traktor mapping for the AKAI MPD 32.
    The TouchOSC layout will be for monitoring Traktor state and simple control of global parameters.

The touchOSC mapping has no documentation sheet yet, and i'll be testing it this following days for better usability and performance of midi incoming messages (to much already).

EDIT 0.1 ALPHA (only controller)
    SD MPD32 MAPPING.zip

EDIT 0.2 ALPHA (only controller)
    MPD 32 MAP.pdf
    Last edited by Sick Dilian; 11-14-2012 at 05:23 AM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Nice work!

Your mapping seems to be advanced for sure but I can't see what is extreme about it?

Tech Convert

Default Alpha version

I don't know if i could be working in the mapping till friday, so here is an alpha version only of the controller mapping, not the touchOSC one.

In the zip file you'll find the .tsi file, a documentation PDF with the controls mapped in this tsi and the presets set of the MPD you will need to trigger everything properly.

If you have any questions/sugestions/... feel free to reply

SD MPD32 MAPPING.zip

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Nice work!

Your mapping seems to be advanced for sure but I can't see what is extreme about it?
    Of course it will include super fader control for effects and multiple modifiers suport to make it really flexible.
    But i want to take it further and experiment with foot switches/pedal input to maximize control.
    I'm also thinking of using the iphone accelerometer in a similar way to MidiFighter 3Ds, but that involves using OSC messages and another app to route OSC to traktor as you'll use touchOSC bridge for this layout.

Are those real super faders that simulate multiple note and CC like at MFpro?

Tech Convert

The best solution for that right now might be using different modifier states in each fader.
    But i'm looking for some way to trigger midi notes using midi outs in traktor.
    So when fader "X" reach value 50 for example. traktor will send a midi out message and from another utility i can map that out to send a midi note back into traktor.
    Is that technically possible or will it cause a midi loop?
    And have to test latency if i make it work someway.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Are those real super faders that simulate multiple note and CC like at MFpro?
    Actually yes!
    I found the way to implement 127 "triggers" and map a certain range of the fader/knob to any control.
    I'm looking for the way of implementing this into pads pressure channel but haven't found it yet in traktor.

PS: To make it work you need:Mac OSX, two .tsi and if you don't have any control mapped from 0 to 127 in you super fader macro you will also need a free knob or fader in traktor to use it as a reference.

Sound cool! You should make a demo video of super faders, I'm really interested to hear how it sounds and which effects do you combine.