Official info on the Kontrol Z2!
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Official info on the Kontrol Z2!

***MOD EDIT Go to page 6 for the official announcement***

----------------------------------------

Idk if this is real or not. It's in spanish (I used google translate to read the article), but supposedly this article bears all of the info you could ever want about the z2 and has an unreleased picture of it. I apologize if this has been posted already. I did some searching and didn't see it anywhere. http://grupoadagio.es/informaticamus...e-instruments/
    kontrol z2.jpg

Article as translated by google translate. Maybe our bilingual djtt members can give us a better breakdown of the features?

"I recently had the opportunity to be in Berlin at the official presentation of the Z2 KONTROL European distributors. From the first moment is a product that has raised great expectations while many doubts. Leo in certain forums many dubious statements about what is going to be exactly the Z2 KONTROL Native Instruments ... Let's try to clear up some ideas.

One of the "slogans" that Native Insturments used in new designs is INTEGRATION. That means that each and every one of them his power will always come from an integration of the advantages of a powerful and efficient software and ergonomic hardware. Thus we have the best of both worlds combined, or rather multiplied.

The KONTROL Z2 is a controller for DJ, sound card, integrated 4-channel capability to handle external signals from dishes or CDJ's in a session. It even works in "stand alone", ie not connected to the computer, but who wants to buy the Z2 with this functionality as stomping staple is suitable territory.

The main idea that is developed with the design and release of TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2, is that there is a huge community of DJ's worldwide using TRAKTOR and go on tour with your computer as a key. Upon arrival at the club the DJ's are a multitude of solutions mixture that does not integrate with TRAKTOR at all, you must face connections and disconnections of cables and make room in the cabin for dedicated controllers as X1 and F1 are those who really are solve your session with TRAKTOR. The mixer as the centerpiece of the cabin is relegated then to control the volume, EQ and little else, and if it is an old and battered interpose noises mass or some faders and EQ's rascantes between your brand new computer and equipment is sound.

With Z2 as a controller / mixer core of a club can have the conventional material (plates and / or CDJ's) playing, but start dreaming of your TRAKTOR just connect a USB cable. In addition two integrated USB hubs allow you to connect F1 or X1 in any combination at the same mixer and sound ... The changes between DJ's are now possible in less than two seconds.

Z2 can control 4 channel sound, to select between channels A, B, C and D easily. Its 4 side buttons are prepared to control 4 CUES or the shot of the first 4 samples of REMIX decks. The TRAKTOR effects control is also integrated although in a less extensive than using an F1. Switching to receive the analog signal from an external source is instantaneous and is performed with a simple pressing of a button, in this case only functions EQ, filter and volume can be performed on the signal.

The mixture remains engine when no ringing TRAKTOR an external source, so that the absolute cleanliness of the signal path is ensured.

The analog electronics around digital motor has been designed and chosen to provide audio quality up to the level that will require this new contender to win the heart of the cabins worldwide. In that sense I've tested both as EQ and filters are excellent. It also includes a license for TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 with their corresponding vinyl and CD's in the pack.

With this new family member TRAKTOR, the digital DJ system more advanced than we could have in the universe or not an S4, is a two KONTROL Z2 + F1 and an F1 or X1 or two dishes plus two CDJ's. And a computer, of course!

Other details like effects PRE / POST fader selectable, adjustable crossfader curve from the front panel, as well as X-fader reverse, two headphone outputs ¼ inch jack, microphone input (jack) with pitch control, macro mode -effects (this mode allows you to control various parameters of an effect from a single button and the new version of TRAKTOR comes with a large group of preset effects to be controlled with a single button that will delight the DJ's for its ease of use and its incredible sound), jump-back mode, etc, etc.

The DJ's universe that may be useful such a product is vast, or so he hopes Native Instruments.

Beginners who want to start with "table" and CD's for dishes or appreciate their sound and possibilities
    Clubs with constant settings where many DJ's come with TRAKTOR

Many DJ's have said that would have preferred a classic set-up of 4 channels. The truth is that Z2 has 4 channels, but only two of them have volume control potentiometer fader instead. Thinking about a DJ who always use TRAKTOR is a logical step for actually placing two next F1 will have 12 channels! correnpondiente mixing with filter volume and in 10 of them.

And placing a MASCHINE beside a well set-up and using their sampling and synthesis capabilities could mount the best songwriting system DANCE Live ever dreamed that a DJ in life. Does anyone doubt that?

We hope to have clarified the ideas a little."
    Last edited by photojojo; 10-04-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Samsung Ativ Book 8 15.6” i7-3635QM | Z2 | F1 | X1 | A6 | 2 x Str8-150 | TMA-1 | TSP
    KRK Rockit Gen 2 6 | Focusrite Saffire 6 | Ableton Push | Alesis V49 | TMA-1 Studio | Ableton Live 9
    http://www.soundcloud.com/kid-quest

Yep the google translation seems to be on point

I can say i'm REALLY STOKED if it's true that they implemented pre and POST fader fx, the biggest change in traktor in years for me !
    I can only pray for it not to be a mixer specific function, but a software one, available to all for use in internal mixing mode !

Great find Kid Quest !
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Good find!

Looks a nice mixer...
    SC | MC

Tech Guru

macro mode -effects (this mode allows you to control various parameters of an effect from a single button and the new version of TRAKTOR comes with a large group of preset effects to be controlled with a single button that will delight the DJ's for its ease of use and its incredible sound)

AH I suggested something similar to this in the NI forums. I found the chained fx settings to be lacking when you compare them to the control you get from using single mode. So I thought it'd be sweet to be able to customize the way a single FX should sound so that you could just use one knob to control it. I love my RMX 1000 but if I can start to do things like post FX delays and my own custom builds then i'm very down.

Tech Guru

I can't believe I never noticed this, if you watch the kontrol z2 video, at the very end the guys deck fader is all the way down. We are definitely getting post fader fx. I can't believe I never noticed it the first 100 times I watched it

Quote Originally Posted by oneapemob View Post
    Yep the google translation seems to be on point

I can say i'm REALLY STOKED if it's true that they implemented pre and POST fader fx, the biggest change in traktor in years for me !
    What's the difference between "pre" and "post" fader effects? I understand the difference in live sound applications, but I'm not sure how this would make a difference for "FX" unless just for monitoring purposes.

Tech Guru

I'm seriously tempted by this but I think a four channel fader version wll be here in the new year.

Must not buy until then

"but who wants to buy the Z2 with this functionality as stomping staple is suitable territory"

- gotta love google translate
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Christ, they're really hedging this thing as an INSTALL mixer? Woof, I can't wait for the controller only version next year...

Tech Guru

Large photo - http://grupoadagio.es/informaticamus...KONTROL-Z2.jpg

Looks really awesome. Can't see too much need for an X1 with this.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast