Let me get this straight (timecode setup)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Let me get this straight (timecode setup)

so eventually i want to get a timecode vinyl setup going with TSP, i'm just a little confused on the exact setup that will ensure it works. if i had the timecode vinyls running on decks hooked up to a korg zero4, and ran the firewire out to my laptop and into TSP, TSP would recognize the vinyls? ideally? thanks for any help you can give.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

If I'm not mistaken the Zero4 is "Traktor Certified" hardware, so it's officially supported as a hardware audio interface for TSP. Just make sure the turntables playing the timecode are going into a "Phono" input (or an input with "Phono" selected) on the Zero4. I'm sure you'll need to tell TSP on which audio inputs it should be listening for which deck's timecode (like it may not do that automagically), but the basic answer is "yes it should work great."
    reason, live7, traktor pro, m-audio x-session, m-audio O2, KRK RP5, Roland RD300sx

haha thanks, yeah i chose the zero4 because it was TSP certified, just didn't know what the exact setup was. thanks again!

Need to connect the desired TTs to the correspondant line inputs of your interface. Then on the audio setup of TSP, in the input routing.
    Assign the input to which the TT is connected to the deck you want to control... Voilá...

Quote Originally Posted by alien2k View Post
    Need to connect the desired TTs to the correspondant line inputs of your interface. Then on the audio setup of TSP, in the input routing.
    Assign the input to which the TT is connected to the deck you want to control... Voilá...
    now i have conflicting information: connecting TT's to line inputs vs. phono inputs. i always thought it was the phono inputs that TT's went into. in this case we're talking about a korg zero4 as the "interface". you sure i want to plug my TT's into the line inputs?

Sorry TTS to phono in, and cd decks to line in as you normally would. Just remember to assign them to the proper deck

ah ok got a little worried :P thanks again

ok, sorry to bring this back to life, but i figured it better than to start a new thread since it pertains to the same thing pretty much:

i've changed my mind about setups since finding some deals on craigslist, and am not going to be using a Traktor Certified mixer. in searching for an answer as to how exactly go about hooking everything up in a timecode setup using the audio 4/8 and an uncertified mixer, i found this diagram (hosted on my own bandwidth, not leeching):

(originally from www.native-instruments.com)

so, using the multi-core cables, i can run my TT's into the mixer AND have the timecode signal sent into the audio 4/8? additionally, can i also run the master out of the mixer into the audio 4/8 and run a master line out of the audio 4/8 to the amp/speakers?

any help clearing up this confusion would be greatly appreciated. i think i'm overthinking the complications of this setup. thanks again.

edit: i'm planning on mixing externally, if that clears up any confusion that may arise.

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post

so, using the multi-core cables, i can run my TT's into the mixer AND have the timecode signal sent into the audio 4/8? additionally, can i also run the master out of the mixer into the audio 4/8 and run a master line out of the audio 4/8 to the amp/speakers?

any help clearing up this confusion would be greatly appreciated. i think i'm overthinking the complications of this setup. thanks again.

edit: i'm planning on mixing externally, if that clears up any confusion that may arise.

No if you are using the Multi core cables you just run your main out from the mixer to your speakers. No need to run it back through the sound card.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Quote Originally Posted by djlokifl View Post
    No if you are using the Multi core cables you just run your main out from the mixer to your speakers. No need to run it back through the sound card.
    but, just say your mixers sound is a bit crap :P, could you run it through the audio 8 for an improved sound? or would it just be like putting sprinkles on shit?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast