What to buy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to buy?

Tech Wizard

Default What to buy?

Hey guys,
    I have been thinking on buying my first dj hardware, I am in doubt between an s2 controller or a Numark M6 + Audio 2 + Kontrol X1
    I want to use traktor but i don't want to close yet the possibility to learn Djing in CDJ's and stuff like that.
    So what u think?!

Thanks a lot, hope u can help me

Tech Wizard

Kind of in the same boat as you. I'm looking at the S2 right now, but a lot of people have been telling me to get a mixer and CDJs.

Honestly, I think it really doesn't matter what you get, just so long as you're comfortable with it.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mor4sso View Post
    Kind of in the same boat as you. I'm looking at the S2 right now, but a lot of people have been telling me to get a mixer and CDJs.

Honestly, I think it really doesn't matter what you get, just so long as you're comfortable with it.
    I absolutely agree but you know, the thing is that in the future I want to be djing at clubs so I would like to know which would be the best investiment right now so in the future I could upgrade my djing hardware.

Thank for the feedback, let's hope some other people help us

The club scene is in a flux. Pioneer CDJs everywhere but people bring in laptops for Traktor and HID integration, their own controllers, Maschines, LaunchPad/Abletons, Akai APC-40s and so on and so on... And if Pioneers, the clubs have them installed.

Also, investing in decent Pioneer CDJs + mixer, expect to pay 2k or so all together, or more. S2 is a better alternative if all you need is to bring a laptop and controller to gigs. And if some thinks S2/S4s are toys, tell that to Porter Robinson that is doing very-very lucrative gigs in Las Vegas.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

Tech Wizard

What about this set: 2 Rellop Contour Controller Edition + Audio 2 + Numark M6

What do u think?!

If you go that way get the reloop interface edition(has soundcard) and controller edition. You won't need the audio 2 then. It's more controller territory as opposed to cdj. If you want cdj style go for the denon DNS2000's, very close to cdj' s.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Wizard

so with a Reloop interface edition and a controller edition I can actually control 4 decks? and I just need to plug the controller to my pc so I have sound card even for my mixer?

Sorry for this kind of questions but I'm starting on Djing,
    and i'm loving this site btw I really learned a lot

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    If you go that way get the reloop interface edition(has soundcard) and controller edition. You won't need the audio 2 then. It's more controller territory as opposed to cdj. If you want cdj style go for the denon DNS2000's, very close to cdj' s.

So if i get a numark M6 + Reloop contour IE can I control 4 decks? the other problem is the software, to update from Traktor LE to traktor pro (4 decks) how can I do that? and how much it costs?

Tech Mentor

Chances are if you get an all encompassing multi-deck modular super setup, that you will soon be drowning in features and functions that you can't use. Just get a nice all in one controller, an s2 or s4 would probably suit you better than trying to put together a modular system. And besides, it's not the gear you practice on thats going to give you the skills to mix in a club, it's your style and technique that you need to build. If you learn to mix on a controller without using sync, you will be just fine on cdjs.
    Last edited by Culture_Shock; 10-17-2012 at 01:37 AM.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

i have to agree with Culture_Shock, modular setups are cool, but to start with an s2 would be awesome.

there is no traktor le anymore so you might get a free upgrade to tpro2. the soundcard from the contour plugs into your mixer, sorted.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast