geeked - just preordered a pioneer ddj sx - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Now A happy owner of a Pioneer DDJ SX only 1 month after I ordered it
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

congrats, one month later im still on back order. bah.

Would love to see or hear any word on guys using TTs or CDJs with this beast.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

I used the DDJ-SX with the Traktor Audio 6 soundcard (3 Channels) + X1 as an analog mixer and it works mighty fine!

the filters work great too on each channel!
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Finally got it today - fantastic.
    Not really getting the complaints that it's cramped, the thing is huge, I'm 6'3" pushing 280, I'm a big dude, and really not having any trouble with accidental nudges.

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    Finally got it today - fantastic.
    Not really getting the complaints that it's cramped, the thing is huge, I'm 6'3" pushing 280, I'm a big dude, and really not having any trouble with accidental nudges.
    Yeah…I definitely don't get that either. It's tighter than 2-channel mixers, which means it could be "cramped" to someone who's used to little tiny controllers……but even then, I really don't get it.

Enjoy, man. I think my ear infection is starting to go away……it's been like a week since I've been able to hear out of both ears, and the thing is sitting here taunting me.

disappointed that the soundcards inputs arent discrete, it all gets lumped into one stereo channel. ive got to stop procrastinating on getting a better soundcard for production.
    i think its interesting that in 2 channel mode, the other two channels are still fully functional. seems like one of those things some might find useful, but not notice as its not too obvious.

The only thing that bugs me about it is that putting the software in 2-deck mode uses the same channels that have phono preamps……so the way I want to use it eventually (2 channels of software + 2 channels of vinyl) means I'm going to be wasting like 1/3 of my screen with decks that will never see use like that.

I think that's a serious oversight, but in reality it probably won't matter. I'll probably end up using channels 1&2 as software/vinyl using the switches on the front, plus an input from another sound card running Maschine and a channel open for other stuff.

in 2 channel mode, the other two channels are still fully functional.
    should add meant in software mode, and should add as i mess with it more its clearly a glitch but one they should make a feature.

and in regards to what you were saying mostapha - they should hopefully in later updates realize that does totally screw with your ability to use this as a centerpiece for software and vinyl.
    curious to ask, hows it going with mixing maschine with djing? i for the life of me just cant integrate my drum machine setup with a dj setup, as far as bringing in my own written stuff it just feels more natural to render it to audio and throw it in my serato library.

should add meant in software mode, and should add as i mess with it more its clearly a glitch but one they should make a feature.

and in regards to what you were saying mostapha - they should hopefully in later updates realize that does totally screw with your ability to use this as a centerpiece for software and vinyl.
    curious to ask, hows it going with mixing maschine with djing? i for the life of me just cant integrate my drum machine setup with a dj setup, as far as bringing in my own written stuff it just feels more natural to render it to audio and throw it in my serato library.
    It's not going yet. I've been sick and just getting over an ear infection. And I just managed to re-arrange things enough that Maschine can stay on my desk. It'd still be awkward while spinning, but it'd work.

The only thing that really worries me is whether or not I'll be happy switching b/t MIDI and Maschine modes for the controller to get at Live's tempo controls. Part of me hops that they'll release a Maschine update that gives it pitch bend buttons before I get around to it. But that would be NI doing something useful for the way people use their software as oppose to the way they pretend people use it…so I don't see it happening.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234