geeked - just preordered a pioneer ddj sx - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ariser View Post
    What is the sound and build quality of the mixer like ?
    Feels & sounds like Pioneer to me, which is to say that the sound quality is tier 1 for DJ gear based on my limited tests and the build quality–depending on preference–is tier 3 behind A&H and boutiques (based on my preference).

It does feel solid………pretty close to modern DJM feel if not basically identical. The faders are a bit tighter than the DJMs I've used, but that could be because it's new.

Got shipment confimation mail from thomann.de tonight so I should have it before next weekend I so fraking exited just hope it wan't destroy my focus on my gig tonight :P
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Anybody order from AMS (Americal Musical Supply)? I'm still waiting for my pre-order...

Heh. I'm starting to think pre-ordering really is a joke. When I got mine, I literally just walked into GC and paid for it. Granted, they only had like 6 in the store……but there are 4 GCs within easy driving distance of me. Would 24 people want them on the morning they came out? Apparently not.

well for me preorder was a wise thing to do I ordered mine on 15.th of october and I was sent to me 2. november and they want get more until 5. desember so if I did not pre order mine I might not have it this year.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Where are the Faroe Islands? I guess I take living in a major city for granted sometimes.

it in the midel of the north atlantic oacian. north of england and east from Iceland

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1046/mapfaro.jpg

so kind of in the midel of no where
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    it in the midel of the north atlantic oacian. north of england and east from Iceland

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1046/mapfaro.jpg

so kind of in the midel of no where
    Ahh. Yeah. I can see how pre-ordering would matter for you.

i hope i dont sound condescending, but do you have much of an audience for what you do, there?
    like whats the night life there? always lived in a big city, as mostapha said, definitely realizing i take city life for granted

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    i hope i dont sound condescending, but do you have much of an audience for what you do, there?
    like whats the night life there? always lived in a big city, as mostapha said, definitely realizing i take city life for granted
    Only 1 nightclub in my town and 3 bars 5000 people. but in the capital their are around 7 nightclubs and more bars and somewhere around 20000 people so there are enough places to play but only friday and saturday. And on a good night there can be up to 2-300 people. it's not bad but we also have events in larger venues. We provide lights and sound for conserts to. Actualy there are only 6 CDJ 2000's on our islands and all in my town all bought within the last 3 months. But being such a small place I need to mainly be playing mainstream dance top 40 (mostly remixes). It's def nothing like Chicago I'm sure

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast