Is there any way to mash 2 different midi controllers together??
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Is there any way to mash 2 different midi controllers together??

What i mean by this is ive found a top half (no keys) of one midi keboard and the bottom half (JUST keys) of another one. is there any way i could mod these together to make my own?? im a novice at electronics and im working on my first DIY with an old 3rd party xbox controller. ill have pics up of the demo soon!

thanks!!

Sure there is. And it can be fairly easy to do.
    First off, which 2 keyboards do you have.
    Now the top half one, what's the problem with the keys on it, or do you just like the feel of the other one better?
    Do they have the same amount of keys?
    Most smaller keyboards use a single 20 pin connector, and most larger ones use two 16 pin connectors.
    So your best bet is to crack them both open and see if they fit. If not take some pictures while you have them open, then post them on here and i'll see if i can help.

im getting the top half of an oxygen 8 and the bottom half of an ozone. if im lucky ill be getting them in the next 5 days or so. Ebay is a magical thing

just curious....what is the reason for mashing these?

because they are 2 diff keyboards neither one is a whole unit

This should be super eazy. Since they both are m-audio, it's pretty much a guarantee that they use the same connectors.

awsome im waiting for the auction to end tomorrow ill hopefully get these for a nice price

Quote Originally Posted by djin50mnia View Post
    because they are 2 diff keyboards neither one is a whole unit
    i got that. it just seems like a lot of trouble to go thru for what is going to be a frankensteined mashup of a relatively inexpensive controller. i guess what i mean it, wouldn't it be easier just to get one working controller? maybe i missed some benefit you were looking to get out of using these two partials...

i use an oxy8. not hatin', just confused

well im getting both for under 50$ so im thinking with each one costing over 100$ im making out like a bandit with all the extra keys im getting from the ozone, plus the 2 mod wheels and 8 pots on the oxy. plus ill add my own mods to it once i get done with my wedding im having in about a week. Thats the big thing holding me down from my dj'ing and modding venture. Weddings are frickin' expensive!!!

ah ok. and i didn't think about doubling up some of the other controls like that. if you were just trying to get one working controller, it seems like you could prolly find a used oxygen8 for $100 or less, but it sounds like you're doing more than that.

definitely post some stuff up once you get into. it's always fun to see these projects go together. and congrats on the wedding

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast