In search of CDJ 2000 dual deck mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default In search of CDJ 2000 dual deck mapping

Hey i recently started dj'ing on traktor 2,5,1 with a pair of Pioneer CDJ 2000 an X1 and an F1

And i was wondering if any one has a mapping for a the CDJ so that you can use for example both deck A and deck C with a single CDJ.

I was hoping to get a mapping that makes the cdj jogwheel lighting switch between red and white when you switch decks.

Sorry for my bad english im from Denmark.

/Mitu

Try this link he explains you can switch decks and use 1 CDJ to control all the decks.

MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

that mapping makes me want to get a pair of used cdj-2000 more than ever...

I have been thinking that as well , but not got the room to fit them in.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Wow - never knew something like this could be possible. Just wondering though, how would you be able to monitor and cue up with headphones on a 2nd track while the 1st track is playing using this ?
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

That pretty much depends on what mixer you are using. Not really the cdjs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Wow - never knew something like this could be possible. Just wondering though, how would you be able to monitor and cue up with headphones on a 2nd track while the 1st track is playing using this ?
    You'd need either

A) an internal mixer where your CDJ acts stricly as a control surface without audio coming out of it.

B) an external mixer with a built-in sound interface or USB connection for traktor where the CDJ is still used stricly as a control surface without any audio coming out.

or C) Use two CDJs with audio coming out of each and then aggregate those two CDJ sound interfaces with another 2channel sound interface like an Audio 2 DJ to provide the extra 2 channels you would require to cue up.

and maybe D) although I think this would seem kind of simpler, just use the CDJs as control surfaces without audio and use a 4channel sound interface that connects to your mixer.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Man I would love to get a pair of 2000s or 900s, but I really can't justify spending that money when I know 99% of the time I will always be using traktor (got both of my 850s for less than one 2000).

I've had my CDJ 850s ever since they came out, and it's truly dissapointing Traktor hasn't yet provided HID integration. I would definitely make use of this with my 4 channel mixer using my two CDJs as decks A/C and B/D respectively along with my X1. Here's to hoping they add HID support for the 850s soon It's sad because the 850s would lend more to using traktor than the 2000s, because of people willing to purchase an X1 or F1 to go along with them because the 850s don't have nearly all the features of Traktor on one deck. Whereas the 2000s have all the features basically. I guess it has to do with having the ability to connect to the 2000s/900s when you're at the club if you use Traktor. Although I'd argue that the 850 would be a perfect deck for DJs to have at home to practice on with HID and later be familiar with the interface when using a 2000 at the club.

TL;DR I'm super Jelly of the CDJ 900/2000 owners!!!
    Last edited by bmo; 10-18-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

Tech Wizard

I am about to go buy CDJ900s solely for the HID integration. With the Z2 I will need some CDJs and I'm kind of sad to find out that only 900+ is supported.

Buying CDJ 900/2000 solely for using as Traktor controllers is.....rich?

Just buy yourself some single jog wheel+long pitch fader controller (denon sc2000, behringer pl-1, eks otus) and you're good to go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast