[VIDEO] drumstep throwdown at the BPM show 2012
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default [VIDEO] drumstep throwdown at the BPM show 2012

just wanted to share a cam recording of an impromptu drumstep routine I performed at the BPM show in birmingham using the Electrix Tweaker which was just reviewed on here

Tech Wizard

From a scale of 1 to 10...How awsome is the tweaker

Ohhhhh are you the guy who was wearing the tweaker shirt all weekend at the WEDJ stand? I kept thinking I recognised you from somewhere, but couldn't place it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    From a scale of 1 to 10...How awsome is the tweaker
    I have a basic rule with all manufacturers I work with: I don't showcase crap. I only perform on stuff I can absolutely get behind and use myself, so I give it a 9.8. why not a clear 10? because there is no perfect controller, yet this is the closest I've seen so far.

I've had the prototype for about 3 months and still haven't managed to break it despite going all out on it every time - if that's not a sign of build quality, then I don't know. the LEDs are super bright and even enough for outdoor daylight gigs (tested). the editor software works fine, updating the firmware is a walk in the park and the unit is class-compliant. it comes with screw-on legs too - I mostly use two out of four to have the tweaker at an angle. it comes with overlays for traktor and ableton live (this unit works essentially like a small APC, it has a proper remote script), but I can tell you that DJ-Skins will most likely be making custom ones soon because they got in touch with Electrix at BPM.

I now own a final production model and will be getting a second one within two weeks (they're shipping now). it's crazy cool because it gives you all types of controls, with the possible exception of ribbon controllers, but I have an ipad for touch stuff. I especially love the velocity pads, there's enough room to mash them without the fear of triggering something else by accident but the small buttons on the grid are far enough apart to hit only the ones you actually want to hit. and they're all super responsive, but I think you can see that in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Ohhhhh are you the guy who was wearing the tweaker shirt all weekend at the WEDJ stand? I kept thinking I recognised you from somewhere, but couldn't place it.
    that would be me, yes. did we talk?

Quote Originally Posted by arkaei View Post
    that would be me, yes. did we talk?
    Haha no, but I must have walked past about 50 times over the 3 days and every time I saw you I thought I recognised your face. possibly from youtube or something. What have you showcased before?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Wizard

Haha no, but I must have walked past about 50 times over the 3 days and every time I saw you I thought I recognised your face. possibly from youtube or something. What have you showcased before?
    you may have seen that cringeworthy APC 80 tutorial video (I'm the guy who built the first one of those) or some trade show interview... or a beatbattle/IDA set maybe. and there may be some MPC renaissance stuff in the future
    Last edited by arkaei; 10-17-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Holy crap you were Controlled Demolition! That's where i knew you from. Wish I'd come over now!

We all wished we did FEP.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

And getting back on topic, the vid is awesome! (As they usually are!)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Holy crap you were Controlled Demolition! That's where i knew you from. Wish I'd come over now!
    yeah, I was going by Controlled Demolition. I just gave up on that name. I admit I did some unprofessional things and my web self was a lot different from my real self. I had a wiseass tough guy attitude sometimes, which is simply not me and completely unnecessary, I'm actually a very nice and humble person (if I may say so myself) and there's no reason at all to put on a mask. I've come to realize that authenticity is everything. still a kid inside, but perhaps a little more grown up in the way I present myself.

also, if you're playing a chillout gig at a festival that name just doesn't work very well... "and next: relax to the soothing sounds of KÖNTRÖLLED DEMÖLITIÖN!!"

I am Arkaei now and this is final

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast