Arkaei's Setup
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arkaei's Setup

Tech Wizard

Red face Arkaei's Setup

I played a liveset at VuuV Festival again this year. for those who don't know, this is essentially the mother of all Goa festivals in germany; I've played there two years in a row now, both times in the chillout area (I enjoy listening to Goa but don't really spin it). here's my setup from the chillout tent. we had a nice funktion one PA and a lot of beautiful, relaxed people...

anyway, here's the setup: IBM W701 running Ableton Live (successfully used the 64bit beta), RME Fireface 400, the mighty APC 80, an Access Virus TI desktop, an ipad3 running OmniTR (a remote app for spectrasonics' Omnisphere synth), and a VCI-400 with an IBM T61p running Traktor Scratch Pro for the DJ set I played after the live part. special nerd bonus for using an android phone as a WiFi hub between the ipad and the W701 (they don't play nice otherwise).

Last edited by Jester; 11-08-2012 at 12:46 AM.

JUST - TOO - AWESOME

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    JUST - TOO - AWESOME

thank you! so is your setup pretty damn nice combination!

Thanks I think we both have setups that are perfect for what we do, maybe next time you're in the UK we can hook up and you can give me an ableton lesson!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Thanks I think we both have setups that are perfect for what we do, maybe next time you're in the UK we can hook up and you can give me an ableton lesson!
    each one teach one! I may be in birmingham on dec 15th for a gig with a few other IDA champs, it's not confirmed yet (I wish I could drop names, really awesome people on the line up so far but it's all "TBC" at the moment)... when I'm booked to play it's usually really difficult to squeeze in a few extra hours, but I'll try and let you know if that's OK. can we connect via facebook ? my account is here.

w00t so excellent!

(question was asked through FB)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Loving the APC80. It's always a big win when people kinda 'make' their own modded gear.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    Loving the APC80. It's always a big win when people kinda 'make' their own modded gear.
    thank you the next cosmetic mod I make will be called the TTWWEEAAKKEERR... or maybe TWIN TWEAKS. yeah, that sounds cool.

Sweet! How do you like Omnisphere for live use? I've been thinking about picking it up.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Sweet! How do you like Omnisphere for live use? I've been thinking about picking it up.
    judging from your signature we have a lot in common setup-wise, so I think you may like it in my opinion omnisphere is excellent for live, but there's no way around omniTR unless you want to just fire off presets (in which case you can just freeze the tracks). also, if you're playing longer sets you will either have to reload stuff (omnisphere has multitibral presets with up to 8 stereo channels) or just use multiple instances. in either case, I highly recommend SSDs in your stage laptop. but don't underestimate it just because it's primarily a sample-based synth; it has insane capabilities in terms of regular synthesis and WILL take a load out of your CPU when you go crazy with modulations and fx. but it has never ever crashed on me, not even since I've gone with the ableton 64bit beta.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast