The old 'whcih soundcard is best' thread. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1 on the novation nio.

i picked one up for 150usd new on ebay last year. i've never given a second thought to its dependability because it's never failed me in the least bit. not even a furrowed brow, or even the palms upturned, shrug-shouldered scowl at your gear in the booth gesture (universal reaction to suspected equipment failure and occasional bad dj-ing).

really though, i've been able to depend heavily on it until i sold it last week after downsizing to an otus rig. it's very stable, has intimidating latency, and the output level is not shabby at all.

i think the only other interface that surpasses the nio in terms of performance vs. price is probably the NI audio 4 dj. a4's are loud (really loud), encased in aluminum, and generally only $25-50us more than the nio.

afterpost edit bonus: the nio is a pretty decent midi and audio input interface as well. i've lent it to friends for mobile field recording, sketching band demos, and even simple bedroom tracking all with satisfactory results.
    Last edited by PartyMcFly; 07-02-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add a talking point

(understandably) Not that arsed by the "'Overloud' Guitar amp and distortion pedal effects" and the effects engine, as I'll be using the TPro bits and bobs on the occasions

Nice that it's got and XLR mic input though

e2a:

Hang on it says "Two inputs simultaneously only - either stereo RCA phono or the XLR and Jack" So I doubt I could use both L:R RCA and the Mic in
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

trashed my way through several soundcards over the years,

currently using NI's audio 8 dj which i got when i upgraded to t scratch pro and it works a treat, rock solid performance, excellent audio quality, high build quality, has mic in and headphone out, 7 other outs, might be pushing your price range a little, but ive seen them for around £170, also its got a relatively small footprint

all specs are here: native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/audio-8-dj/?page=298&content=304
    woof

Quote Originally Posted by etch View Post
    trashed my way through several soundcards over the years,

currently using NI's audio 8 dj which i got when i upgraded to t scratch pro and it works a treat, rock solid performance, excellent audio quality, high build quality, has mic in and headphone out, 7 other outs, might be pushing your price range a little, but ive seen them for around £170, also its got a relatively small footprint

all specs are here: native-instruments.com/#/en/products/dj/audio-8-dj/?page=298&content=304
    I've heard it's a good card, but I'd always assumed it was too dear.

Out of interest where have you seen them for £170?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

too dear?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Ahh.. I never realised that was just an english (uk) thing.

He means too expensive

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

ah... makes sense now.

The Audio8 is pricey, but I think it's worth it. It's got a large number of ins and outs, a mic in, and midi in/out. It's got really handy LED read outs to make sure everything is where it should be, and, well, it's sturdy as a rock.

So yeah
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

The Audio Kontrol 1 is great. I've got a VCI-100 too and can vouch for the set up. It's designed for digital djing but i also use it for my studio set up.

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/dj_p...udio_kontrol_1

Crisp sound and rugged for sticking in a bag and taking to gigs etc.

It's also good because it's got balanced 1/4" Jack outputs rather than RCA for if you ever want to get active monitors for a home studio set up studio.

Then for pluging into a mixer you just need a couple of rca to jack adapters and you can plug into standard dj mixer at a club.

http://www.summitsource.com/images/products/COR206.jpg

It's even got a few midi knobs on it so you can actually set those up for basic control (ie crossfader and volume) I've played a couple of house parties just with the Audio Kontrol 1 when i didn't want to bring my vci-100 too.

I highly recommend it.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Audio Kontrol 1 On ebay: http://tiny.cc/aAFrJ
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by djmaxone View Post
    Audio Kontrol 1 On ebay: http://tiny.cc/aAFrJ
    Spotted one of those at the Digital Village site - looks quite good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast