Will the 1.4 firmware upgrade help volume fader issues

Default Will the 1.4 firmware upgrade help volume fader issues

Only noticed it happening once in a very very blue moon when I was using the VCI-100SE to control Traktor Pro 2.5 directly. Have gone back to using timecode to control the decks but am still using the internal mixer. Problem is that the hardware faders don't follow the software ones all the time. They seem fine during soundchecks but during worktime, sometimes the software ones don't respond as they should during quick chops / transforms and stays at the bottom end, ie. no sound. Gets embarrassing during peak hours when everyone's high and moving.

Have played around with different rotary sensitivity and acceleration settings but it still happens. Was wondering whether the 1.4 firmware upgrade will help.

On a different note, my Traktor starts up with Effect 1 (on the top left) on. Can't seem to find anything in the mapping to cause this. What do I need to do to have it off by default?
    Know thy music ...

Take the VCI apart. Clean and lube your faders. All of them. Did it all the time with my old VCI100se arcade. Not to hard at all. This video should help
    Macbook Pro : Traktor Pro 2 : VCI 400SE : Maschine : Midifighter Classic : Akai MPKmini : Akai MPD16 custom : Komplete Audio 6 : VCI 100SE Arcade #87/100 : Check out my mixes at http://soundcloud.com/2089a-d

Sounds easy enough since I did the arcade mod myself and have opened up the insides a few times. Thanks.
    Last edited by The Progen; 10-22-2012 at 05:41 PM.
    Know thy music ...