Good deal on CDJ1000s?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Good deal on CDJ1000s?

Hey everyone. I met a guy who wants to sell me 2 CDJ1000s (Mk1) for $100 total. Is this a good deal? The players function normally, except that Vinyl mode doesn't work. It "sticks" which I have heard is a common problem with the players. He's also throwing in road cases which I think alone would make it worth it.

This deal seemed really awesome so I didn't want to pass it up. Should I go through with it?

Did you forget to type in an extra 0?

If not, don't. It sounds too good to be true, and you know what they say about that.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Nope. $100. But the guy is moving and Vinyl mode doesn't work.

Too good to be true brochacho.
    Soundcloud @ http://www.soundcloud.com/dj-sved
    Twitter @ https://twitter.com/djsved
    DJM 900 Nexus
    Two Traktor X1s

Tech Wizard

I sent him a few messages yesterday asking for more pictures or a video of the decks and he's declining saying he's "too lazy". Not looking too good for me.

if he's too lazy to take pictures to sell his gear, you tell him you're too lazy to get the money to buy it. Too good sounds about right here
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

$100 for broken, decade old gear doesnt sound too out of the question. Just be prepared to send it in for platter repair and laser replacement, which, it being around a decade old, it will definitely need.

Also, the cases alone are worth more than that, so you really can't lose unless this is outright fraud.

How is the transaction supposed to take place? If you can go look at them, buy them now before I do. It's a ridiculous deal. I have a mk1 and it works fine; haven't done shit to it and it was a guitar center floor model when I bought it so it was already beaten it up a bit. Of course I rarely use it so that's why it's still holding up ... If they work at all you're getting a great deal. Even if they don't you can resell the cases and get your money back if you don't feel like fixing them. The only way I wouldn't take this deal is if you had to trust him to send you the decks - but if you're going to pick them up, do it.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Wizard

The guy agreed to Skype with me tonight so I'll see how messed up the players are. What would be wrong with the lazer? Would it not be able to play CDs, because the seller says that the players are fine at playing CDs.

Tech Wizard

And yes, I'm picking them up in person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast