Something went terribly wrong, Any help would be so amazing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Something went terribly wrong, Any help would be so amazing.

Hey guys,

I recently purchased this app called mixed in key and ran it through my entire music library to get the correct key of each song. THere is only one problem, a major one. Every time i try to play a song in Traktor it comes up with an error that the file could not be played bc of a missing or corrupt file, or an unsupported format, and some more text that i could not see bc of the size of the analyzer bar. I know the files are not corrupt or missing, because i can play them on my itunes with no problem, I dont know whats gone wrong but I have a couple of gigs coming up and I am really starting to stress out, im usually pretty good with computers and such.

update: Now, the songs arent even showing up in my traktor, I am really starting to stress out.

Any help would be so amazing and i would be very grateful. Thanks

Try emailing MIK?

Have you tried re-adding them to the collection from the iTunes node in traktor? it's probably because MIK changed the filenames or something.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Do an A/B test, download a file, make sure it works in Traktor, run MixedInKey, try again. If failing, MixedInKey uses some id3 tag that Traktor does not like. Worst case you could rip those out with various tools from existing binary audio files but you need to find out which possible id3 key is inserted or modified.
    ---
    Contact me if you have a cool musical idea. @kentsandvik

In my experience, Traktor likes to do this fun thing where it forgets where it put your library, and then you have to go and re-import everything again. It's entirely possible MIK just moved your collection a tiny bit and freaked Traktor out. Considering MIK's prevalence, I really don't think it's throwing out file-locking ID3's, but moving a track or slightly or changing a file name is much more likely.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I agree filename change is more likely. Try reconverting some tracks' ID3 tags to 2.4 or 2.3 and see if that helps.

highlight the affected tracks and select "relocate" MiK makes a copy of the tune so that may be why its messing up your collection.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Have you tried re-adding them to the collection from the iTunes node in traktor? it's probably because MIK changed the filenames or something.
    how would i go about doing this? And thank you ALL for your help! who knew trying to make things easier for me would make it 100x more stressful and hard :/ ill update you guys if i get it fixed!

Tech Mentor

Check the consistency of your collection and relocate the missing files.

Tech Student

I just tried converting some of the tags back to ID3 but now the tracks wont even load in traktor in the itunes section, and when ever i start up traktor now it goes through this cosistency report and has all these 'missing tracks' what should i do!?!? im in wayyyy over my head on this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast