Open source DJ software
    Tech Convert

Default Open source DJ software

What (if any) open source dj tools exist? I know of a few tools for creating music but can't think of any for strictly DJing.

mixxx i think is open source.
    Samsung R780, Novation Launchpad
    NI AUDIODJ 2, DJTECH IMIX RELOAD, BEHRINGER BCD 3000, KORG NANOPAD
    VESTAX VMC002XL, NUMARK DM3000X, NUMARK TT200
    NI TRAKTOR DUO, VIRTUAL DJ 7 PRO FULL

True, grab your copy at mixxx.org

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Anyone tried Mixxx out? I looked at it and can see plenty of minuses compared to Traktor but it looks like in the next release other than the number of effects and it only being 2 decks, it will be pretty viable. They are adding midi learn to the next version and looks like it will support pretty much any midi your OS supports. Plus it will send to 2 different sound cards (use your laptop's headphone for your cue and get a one output external to route to the PA). Looks like its going to be pretty good for the dj starting out. I might download it and try out the beta or wait till they release the next release.
    2 x Techinics 1200 mkIIs, SL1, Pioneer DJM-500, Novation Dicer, Stanton 680 carts, Acer Aspire 1410 11" Netbook
    ----------------------------------------------------

http://twitter.com/djlokifl

Used it for a long time, to learn beatmatching.

After this I went for Traktor, and never looked back.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --