Need explanations of common terms in live
    Tech Mentor

Default Need explanations of common terms in live

What exactly do you mean by time signature/time signature changes? Why do you need this?
    Also the exact meaning of Quantization? As in, when the write that the position of the locator is 'Quantized' according to the control bars 'Quantization' setting. why do you need this?

Just starting off on live & reading the manual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_signature

Almost all dance music is in 4/4 time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantization_(music)

basically snapping music to a grid and keeping it perfectly in sync. So if you trigger something out of sync it waits until it's in sync to actually play it.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I was on the verge of deleting this thread, based solely on the name of the OP. Glad I read before clicking delete.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Should really be common musical terms tho. Neither of those is exclusive to live.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quantise can be what fullenglish said, or also whats known as "groove". Apply quantisation to something, so it moves the high hats, etc very slightly, so the sound isnt so clinical and gives it "groove". Also referred to as swing. Depends what type of quantisation you apply, which can be anything you want.

Both are exactly the same, used in different ways.