Need your opinion... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Yeah you will notice a difference if you have a quality PA playing 192s. Most of your punters won't care or notice however. Most ears are tuned into compressed file formats these days. I would advise against playing 128s.

It's best practice to play the highest quality file possible but to reiterate most punters (particularly when drunk at at party) really don't care or notice the difference.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Crush View Post
    Going from a mp3 to a WAV file will boost the quality of the song slightly but nothing to huge since the song is going from a lossy file to a non lose file. The WAV version will take up farrrr more space though and in my opionion the very small volume and quality boost is not worth all the extra burden on my hard drive. I would recommend converting to aac, while it is still a lossy file it is far better quality than mp3 and takes up the same amount of space as your mp3's currently do. You can also convert most files to aac or wav in itunes for what ever file format you choose.
    There is no point in converting an mp3 to a wav file. Once the frequencies have been taken out by converting to mp3, you cannot put them back in. So converting to WAV will just make an exact copy of the mp3 file.

This also goes for converting to AAC or any other format.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Keep the CD's with a CDJ?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    Keep the CD's with a CDJ?
    I stopped buying CD's a few years ago. All of my newer music is AAC or MP3's.

Tech Mentor

I started going through my CD collection last night and ripping them to my laptop as an Apple Lossless file and deleting the old 128kbps files. It is taking a lot more time to do than I thought it would but I think it will be worth it in the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12