Midi Fighter , is it worth it?

Default Midi Fighter , is it worth it?

So , its that time of year again where I manage to rake up enough money to add some more knobs and buttons to my collection of endless controllers and such.

I've been looking at getting the Midi Fighter classic but am struggling to find out IS IT WORTH THE MONEY?
    For the same price or just a tiny bit more, I could add a NI Maschine Mikro to my collection, but am finding it hard to decide!

I spend MOST of my time producing and making edits. Like a lot of digital DJ's , I spend more time editing tracks and such than I actually spend on decks. My current setup is an AKAI APC40 , KONTROL S2 & MPK25

Thanks,
    Swede
    Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

If it's production you want to do, the maschine is gonna be much more useful.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I make progressive/electro tunes, very...hardwell like in a sense ! Will it be versatile enough to DJ with as well? Because I see the midi fighter as a very "one-sided" controller in a sense, I could use it for traktor and djing, but will it be useful in a studio setup as well?

Midifighters are great live performance controllers because you can really play the buttons and swing them around, but in a studio environment they're just boxes of buttons and that job can be done much better by pretty much any pad controller.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Right now, the maschine mikro is sounding really good ! Could I map it to control the remix decks on traktor ?

No. Only the top 4 slots of a remix deck are midi mappable. As of now, the only controllers that can control all 16 slots are the Midifighter 3D and of course the Kontrol F1.

Hey!

I just checked some videos and i dont know which one of these I should get : Midi Fighter 3D, Midi fighter Pro, Maschine Mikro or the novation Launchpad.

Basically I just want to have some fun and make cool sounds/songs with it and go crasy

That is a cool video and I want to do like him I am obviously not as good as him but you know what I mean

^do some reading Chrizy, they are all different machines for different people.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    ^do some reading Chrizy, they are all different machines for different people.
    +1, research is a must, I lost money a few times due to the lack of research.
    Macbook 13" 4 gb ram, traktor pro 2.6, kontrol x1, Kontrol z2, kontrol f1, midi fighter spectra, midi fighter 3d,
    Text, let's talk about edm or mixing! 831-801-1774

Default Kodsaafd

Okay, but where can I read? Can you link some?

I am thinking about the Midi fighter 3D because it looks really cool and fun!