Cheap CD player battle

Default Cheap CD player battle

I am looking into buying some CD players for my future DDM 4000 ...so i have looked at some alternatives, but i wanted DJ Tech Tools aproval for my purchese....so here i have some of the once i looked at:

American Audio Flex 100 MP3
    American Audio Radius 3000

but i DONT KNOW at all what i am looking for in CD-players, what i need what is good etc.....

so what do you guys think?....some other alternatives would be awsome..!!!....Thx

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Are you planning on taking them out with you or Soley for home usage ? ... This will make a big impact on the decision IMHO

e.g. Gemini CDJ700's have oodles of killer features comparable to CDJ's and are perfect alternatives to CDJ's for home use but wouldn't last in a club/mobile scenario.

I would just buy used CDJs..

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NicoTheUnique View Post
    I am looking into buying some CD players for my future DDM 4000 ...so i have looked at some alternatives, but i wanted DJ Tech Tools aproval for my purchese....so here i have some of the once i looked at:

American Audio Flex 100 MP3
    American Audio Radius 3000

but i DONT KNOW at all what i am looking for in CD-players, what i need what is good etc.....

so what do you guys think?....some other alternatives would be awsome..!!!....Thx
    The Flex 100 is essentially a refresh of their older CD players, pretty much unchanged from even their old Pro Scratch 2. The Radius is actually a dope player. Decent MIDI controller, good media flexibility...it is a player you could grow with. That said, the Gemini CDJ700 is a solid contender as well (though the Radius has an edge on overall build quality, but with less features....)
    VCI400, 2x T120, Korg Km402, guts and glory

Quote Originally Posted by djAB3 View Post
    I would just buy used CDJs..
    This is a rather silly reply used pioneers run close to retail and have no clue the environment or abuse they took and personally I honestly can say pios IMO aren't as durable a pio fanboys claim them to be. Mind you my lady heavy use were 1000mk2 to be exact last pair I owned and they while very nice an shiny just DIdnt feel like they'd transport good not in a hard flight case and this is why I wouldn't buy used ones especially since they are damn near impossible to find in the 500 dollar range.....

500 bucks can get you some great home use cdjs with loads of features...

I would recommend either Gemini or numark a 500 dollar range cdjs although if can drop a little more I'd go with the reeloops on features alone

Don't rule out the Gemini CDJ650, the CDJ700's little brother. It loses the touch screen (which was pointless), the effects (which were terribad) and the big jog wheel (bummer) but costs quite a lot less.

If you're buying Gemini I would not recommend going any lower than the CDJ650.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

reloop rmp-3
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

I have 2 Radius 3000 and they are grate for the price just don't trust the BPM counter to much( problem with most cheep CDJ's) I mainly used them as midi controllers for traktor and for that they totaly rock.
    I highly doubht you'll be happy with the Flex player.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

I say go Gemini 700 or 650, great CDJs for home use and they are really fun.
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Quote Originally Posted by DJDoubleYou View Post
    reloop rmp-3
    Reloop make some really nice gear. I wish they would release a CD player that has a waveform display.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!